Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Best Hitting Interface (/forums/showthread.php?t=997420)

thesportsartist 04-10-2022 09:37 AM

Best Hitting Interface

What is the best hitting interface ? I feel like zone is scuffed unless you have the PCI right on the ball. Directional I feel like the contact is always weak with it. Timing I feel there is so much swing and miss regrdelss of the timing. Anyone know which interface is the best? What wouldd be the most effective for hitting with power. I DONT move the PCI

Syce 04-10-2022 09:39 AM

Re: Best Hitting Interface

Zone hitting is the gold standard.

thesportsartist 04-10-2022 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syce (Post 2050578274)

I should have clarfied. I dont move the PCI. However so far this year i feel like there is little to no power hitting. Im using the Yankees and hit almost no home runs. I like the idea of directional cause i can infleucne the ball. Zone i DONT move the PCI and timing i like the idea of just the timing influencing what happens. However, if I dont move the PCI (only to guess the pitch pre pitch) is PCI still the best? Overall I feel like power when using directional or timing is very minimal

Caulfield 04-10-2022 10:49 AM

for my personal preference it's directional/timing. sometimes I use the influence for left or right or flyball or groundball
if you want more power click the power slider up one tick until you find your happy place

the way I view directional/timing vs. the other type batting, directional/timing is like an automatic transmission and the others are more stick shift. you can get bertter performance out of the lesser players if your stick skills are good enough but, like I said earlier, for my personal preference I'd rather it be automatic transmitted closer to what a players attribute ratings are than it be how good I am

skeletore2002 04-10-2022 11:03 AM

I’m using the Yankees in my franchise, and use directional hitting. I hold the left stick up and in on hitters counts, but don’t touch it on neutral or pitchers counts. I’m hitting a realistic amount of home runs with this. I’m using dynamic difficulty (currently has me at HOF+ hitting) and armor + sword’s sliders. I love directional hitting and that’s what I would highly recommend

Funkycorm 04-10-2022 11:04 AM

Personally I would say directional is the best.

If you don't move the PCI, you are using directional/timing anyway so you may as well switch the directional.

Funkycorm 04-10-2022 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syce (Post 2050578274)

I would argue that the gold standard is based on what you want to accomplish. If you want ratings to matter the most, directional is the way to go. If you want user input to matter the most, zone is the way to go. This is also usually based on competitive or simulation for play style as well.

To me directional and simulation style is the gold standard.

bronxbombers21325 04-10-2022 11:13 AM

I had been using timing, but was getting really frustrated because it seemed almost impossible to get hits and score runs. Even good, close to perfect contact was always a pop up or a grounder right at an infielder. So I switched back to directional, which is what I had used for years but without picking a direction, which was supposedly the same as timing. I’ve got much better results the last few games using that though. Things that should be hits are, and things that shouldn’t be aren’t. I’ll probably be sticking with that.