Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   That’s it for me (/forums/showthread.php?t=998008)

Doyoueven85 05-04-2022 09:11 PM

That’s it for me

I’ve played this game for 16 years. I’ve had a lot of fun. I’ve won a few championships, threw three no hitters, and I’ve had players win multiple awards. I’ve been a member of OS since 2011 when I had a different user name. I’ve learned a lot from people on this site and always looked forward to the camaraderie of individuals who enjoy baseball gaming as much as I used to. The Show is the only game I play, it’s actually the only game I’ve owned in a long time. But it’s time for me to put this down.

I’ve lost any and all enjoyment in this game and I’m not exactly sure how or when that happened. It’s not the game either. It’s just me. It’s this constant changing slider’s, levels, restarting my franchise repeatedly. It truly doesn’t make any sense. I’m not even really sure what it is I’m looking for. This has been taking place since 2020. Long gone seem to be the days of me just starting my franchise, changing pitch speed only, if that and playing the full season. I’m not sure what caused this but certainly it’s drained me of any enjoyment of the game. And it sucks.

I’ve had some great memories and teams and some of both I’d just rather forget. I wish you all luck this season and with your experience with the show!

CujoMatty 05-04-2022 09:25 PM

Re: That’s it for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doyoueven85 (Post 2050593465)
I’ve played this game for 16 years. I’ve had a lot of fun. I’ve won a few championships, threw three no hitters, and I’ve had players win multiple awards. I’ve been a member of OS since 2011 when I had a different user name. I’ve learned a lot from people on this site and always looked forward to the camaraderie of individuals who enjoy baseball gaming as much as I used to. The Show is the only game I play, it’s actually the only game I’ve owned in a long time. But it’s time for me to put this down.

I’ve lost any and all enjoyment in this game and I’m not exactly sure how or when that happened. It’s not the game either. It’s just me. It’s this constant changing slider’s, levels, restarting my franchise repeatedly. It truly doesn’t make any sense. I’m not even really sure what it is I’m looking for. This has been taking place since 2020. Long gone seem to be the days of me just starting my franchise, changing pitch speed only, if that and playing the full season. I’m not sure what caused this but certainly it’s drained me of any enjoyment of the game.

I’ve had some great memories and teams and some of both I’d just rather forget. I wish you all luck this season and with your experience with the show!

Sounds like you've just outgrown the show or maybe even video games in general. It happens in many different aspects as we age. All good things come to an end. At least you have 16 years of memories.

Hushroom 05-04-2022 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doyoueven85 (Post 2050593465)

I’ve lost any and all enjoyment in this game and I’m not exactly sure how or when that happened. It’s not the game either. It’s just me. It’s this constant changing slider’s, levels, restarting my franchise repeatedly. It truly doesn’t make any sense. I’m not even really sure what it is I’m looking for. This has been taking place since 2020. Long gone seem to be the days of me just starting my franchise, changing pitch speed only, if that and playing the full season. I’m not sure what caused this but certainly it’s drained me of any enjoyment of the game. And it sucks.

If you still want a baseball fix you should check out OOTP! Not as demanding as The Show and a great sim

SuicideSqueeze 05-04-2022 10:44 PM

This thing on sale yet?

Jeffrey Smith 05-04-2022 11:30 PM

Take a year off. Maybe you’ll come back again refreshed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

dickey1331 05-04-2022 11:51 PM

You probably shouldn’t admit you had a different username as that’s against the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Herschie 05-05-2022 01:23 AM

If you happen to have an Xbox or PS2, Major League Baseball 2K5 is quite underrated and is most enjoyable. And hopefully you have an old CRT because it looks absolutely marvelous on one..

I hear you tho, I've been a Show guy for ten years and often wish there were other options. Even though I really like 22.

DarthRambo 05-05-2022 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dickey1331 (Post 2050593557)
You probably shouldn’t admit you had a different username as that’s against the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can request a name change, just has to be approved and done by whoever does those. I had mine changed years ago. Really want go again to match my PSN but just never get around to requesting it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk