Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=534)
-   -   WWE 2k22 had over 5 million Twitch views; what a turn around👏👏👏 (/forums/showthread.php?t=998034)

simbayless 05-06-2022 11:16 PM

WWE 2k22 had over 5 million Twitch views; what a turn around👏👏👏

A mod here educated me about NBA 2k sold over 8 million copies
Now I just read WWE sold over 5 million copies

2k is not playing around ��
https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...g-audience-age

J_Posse 05-06-2022 11:23 PM

re: WWE 2k22 had over 5 million Twitch views; what a turn around👏👏👏

Quote:

Originally Posted by simbayless (Post 2050594266)
A mod here educated me about NBA 2k sold over 8 million copies
Now I just read WWE sold over 5 million copies

2k is not playing around ������
https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...g-audience-age

Correction: 5.6 millions views on Twitch. Still, clearly the game has been a success and hopefully VC/Take - Two can continue to build on the goodwill.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

SmashMan 05-07-2022 12:25 PM

Sales vs Twitch hours viewed is one hell of a correction. :lol:

J_Posse 05-07-2022 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmashMan (Post 2050594377)
Sales vs Twitch hours viewed is one hell of a correction. [emoji38]

Didn't mean to rain on the parade, but someone was going to make that correction.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

OriolesFanRD 05-08-2022 05:36 AM

Wouldn't be surprised if they did sell close 5 million. People were on '19 for so long that they were yearning for something "New and fresh". Realistically, I think they so probably closer to 2 million.

PVarck31 05-08-2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OriolesFanRD (Post 2050594700)
Wouldn't be surprised if they did sell close 5 million. People were on '19 for so long that they were yearning for something "New and fresh". Realistically, I think they so probably closer to 2 million.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I read somewhere that it was the second highest selling game behind Elden Ring and in front of Gran Turismo 7 in March.

Kinda crazy if that is the case.

In the WWE quarterly conference call, Stephanie said that it was a critical and commercial success and they will have more games under the 2K umbrella, including an RPG game. And that they were extremely pleased with WWE 2K22.

I saw a video someone made on YouTube who's been covering the game since before it came out challenge the facts of what Steph said. As far as I can remember, I didn't see a score below a 7, and it's a 7 on Metacritic. I reviewed it for OS, and we don't give scores, but if I had to, I'd say an 8/10.

Of course it needs work, and all triple A games do, but he was all cranky about how the game has to rely on patches. And I'm like, have you played a video game lately?

So things are looking good for this series. The sheer amount of people on YouTube who are uploading videos about it every day is crazy.

NYJin2011tm 05-08-2022 06:21 PM

Yea I have already said this but this is the most fun I've had with a wrestling game in years. In fact it's the only game I have played since it came out.

TheShizNo1 05-09-2022 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm (Post 2050594940)
Yea I have already said this but this is the most fun I've had with a wrestling game in years. In fact it's the only game I have played since it came out.

I haven't played a wrestling game this much since the Smackdown/AKI games. I've only been doing My Universe and My Faction; haven't even touched My Rise and GM mode (the mode I wanted the most).

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk