Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Western Conference Finals(3)Golden St. Warriors vs (4)Dallas Mavericks (/forums/showthread.php?t=998178)

ProfessaPackMan 05-16-2022 08:15 AM

Western Conference Finals(3)Golden St. Warriors vs (4)Dallas Mavericks

Should be an interesting series.

TNT has the coverage for this one.

ProfessaPackMan 05-16-2022 08:23 AM

Re: Western Conference Finals(3)Golden St. Warriors vs (4)Dallas Mavericks

Don’t know if anyone here can answer or remember but how did those regular season matchups look, as far as who was playing/rotations?

I peeped that Dallas won the series 3-1 but just curious as Dallas dominated them during the regular season or did both teams have guys out at the time?

jeebs9 05-16-2022 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan (Post 2050598187)
Don’t know if anyone here can answer or remember but how did those regular season matchups look, as far as who was playing/rotations?

I peeped that Dallas won the series 3-1 but just curious as Dallas dominated them during the regular season or did both teams have guys out at the time?

Warriors were all over the place. Yes, I re-watched the games last night. But the difference is Draymond didn't play in those 3 losses if I'm not mistaken. Thompson only played on one of those lost I think. So it's a totally different team.

dickey1331 05-16-2022 11:12 AM

Go Mavs! Although I have no hope they will win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cima 05-16-2022 11:44 AM

Luka seems like he’s on a 2007 LeBron-type run. Mavs in 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMagic 05-16-2022 12:03 PM

I honestly don't feel like GS is as good as they are perceived to be.

From the beginning they've been the favorite to win since the playoffs started (Vegas odds). By a decent margin too. But I'm just not buying it.

I have been unimpressed with them this playoff run. They've gotten lucky with playing Nuggets in the first round who are undermanned and then Ja gets hurt in the second round. And they still weren't as dominant in those matchups given their "standing"

They aren't particularly deep. The loss of GP2 just adds to that. Jordan Poole looked average last series playing a team that actually plays defense after being lights out against the Nuggets. Steph can not carry the team any more. Klay is the definition of the word streaky. And Wiggins is the worst All Star of all time (Sorry. Had to get that in there [emoji23]).

All that to say, I think this series will honestly be a toss up. Luka has been phenomenal. He's someone that can get tough buckets or get to the line when shots aren't falling as a team. Thats huge in the playoffs. The Dubs do not have that element.

I'm really loving this years playoffs because the parity is beautiful. I really have no clue who is going to win it all this year. It hasn't been this way in, well, forever. Lol

ojandpizza 05-16-2022 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMagic (Post 2050598260)

I'm really loving this years playoffs because the parity is beautiful. I really have no clue who is going to win it all this year. It hasn't been this way in, well, forever. Lol

I'd argue the past 4 seasons now have been this way.

ojandpizza 05-16-2022 02:05 PM

As for Golden State, I thought early in the season they looked like the favorites. Obviously injuries, getting Klay back, Steph coming back down to Earth, etc sorta messed with that, but I get them being favored again once everything got back on track. They have been somewhat shaky in the playoffs outside of a few games looking unbeatable, and got lucky catching teams with huge injuries, which is the absolute story of their entire run together even though they've had it happen to themselves over the past 2-3 years now too.

But honestly to me the biggest reason they don't just blitz through the playoff every year is Steph Curry. And it's weird because nobody ever talks about him this way, I'm assuming because he's won rings and because everyone likes HOW he plays, how exciting he is.. But Steph Curry in the regular season vs the post season is much more Harden, KG, Malone than he is guys like Bron, Kobe, MJ, where he's not maintaining that MVP/best player level play into the tougher post-season games..

It's weird because the only person I've seen call that out is a Warriors fan (inkcil), even though I think he goes overboard with it lol. But Steph has still yet to really consistently be that guy that just does unanimous MVP things come post-season time, and that slight dip from him is just enough every year to make Golden State look like the team that might win it all instead of the juggernaut that is going to roll through everybody.

So when you get a matchup like Dallas where they have tons of shooters, Dinwiddie who might go-off, Brunson who might go-off, and Luka playing the way he's playing right now, you definitely feel like they have a shot because at the end of the day Steph likely won't out-play Luka.