Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Has 2k fixed help defense/paint defense/pnr defense yet? (/forums/showthread.php?t=998264)

jrose57 05-21-2022 06:47 AM

Has 2k fixed help defense/paint defense/pnr defense yet?

have been away from this disappointing game for a few months, and have noticed some patches have been installed, with the captioned question, is 2k's overall defense in offline gameplay fixed? thanks.

michaelhawj 05-21-2022 01:51 PM

Re: Has 2k fixed help defense/paint defense/pnr defense yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrose57 (Post 2050600290)
have been away from this disappointing game for a few months, and have noticed some patches have been installed, with the captioned question, is 2k's overall defense in offline gameplay fixed? thanks.

no, it is not fixed. i heard 2k are working on improve PNR and paint defense for NBA 2k23

MakaveliLPC 05-21-2022 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelhawj (Post 2050600410)
no, it is not fixed. i heard 2k are working on improve PNR and paint defense for NBA 2k23

Nice! Source?

goma76 05-21-2022 02:40 PM

Anyway it's not bad at all, better than became after release.
I'm referring to current gen version (PC)

AIRJ23 05-21-2022 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelhawj (Post 2050600410)

Lol what a joke. Same thing they said about 2K22. They DID fix it. It was working perfectly at launch then they nerfed it after the online paint sniffers complained. Same will happen with 2K23.

Anyway, with jacked up defensive sliders I find 2K22 to actually have excellent defense. You can make it very hard to move and score. Main issue I have is mismatches aren’t recognized so bigs can back down smalls. But help defense is otherwise pretty good to even really good with jacked up CPU defensive sliders.

I will never buy another 2K due solely to “defensive improvements.” That was the entire 2K22 campaign and they DID make defense amazing at launch. And with slider adjustments you can get near that again.

2K21 had horrible defense so 2K22 was a must to buy. But 22’s defense with slider adjustments is good enough to where “defense is better” won’t trick me into a sale. I’ll need some major offline immersion improvements to think about doing it all again (since I put tons of time into roster editing).

Cowboyfan_19 05-22-2022 12:29 AM

I'm just waiting for a 2k where the 2-3 zone doesn't stupidly over help every possession. Some teams just can't play defense in 2k and you have no choice but to zone to have a chance.

The amount of time it takes for you to manually recover a cpu defender that has needlessly over helped back to covering the corner or wing is absurdly long and unrealistic. If my center is down low, I don't need my PF or SF helping out every time. This isn't jr high lol.

Baebae32 05-22-2022 09:23 AM

The defense will continue to be lackluster until there is further parity with regard to how “sudden” offenive and defensive players can change direction

ataman5 05-22-2022 06:22 PM

Thinking back and playing 2k22 game out of the box was something else, they had a lot better team defense yet again we got the short stick after just a few patches, well so no to your question.