Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Schools you usually replace (/forums/showthread.php?t=998400)

Limasbravo 05-27-2022 10:49 AM

Schools you usually replace

When I'm doing a dynasty, it's usually the same schools for the most part I replace. Was curious what others do. Only time there may be changes is when I'm putting in a Teambuilder school that I don't normally have in there and I'm trying to get conferences by geography.

Which schools do you usually replace in dynasty? If you'd like, also why?

UCONN usually gets replaced because I'm trying to get different schools into the ACC for an eastern conference and I for the most part am importing western teambuilder schools

Pittsburgh same as UCONN but also because I don't like the Pitt colors and logo (likely wouldn't be replaced if I had revamped and it had the "Pitt" logo and colors)

Rutgers pretty much always gets replaced for same reason as UCONN and I don't care for their logo, colors, stadium

Syracuse same reason, it's an eastern school, but also I don't like the logo and unis

Penn State because it's an eastern school and, you know, the child sex abuse

Vanderbilt because usually I have a ton schools I'm trying to fit into that region geographically and Vandy isn't one of my top choices.

There's others I more often then not replace.

esayem 05-27-2022 11:23 AM

Re: Schools you usually replace

Mainly the recent upstarts. This is especially true on the PS2 games because there is a wealth of traditional FCS schools to choose from.

I like my dynasties with a 70’s-90’s flair.

Von Dozier 05-28-2022 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Only time I replace teams is when I use this fantasy NCAA relegation dynasty map I modified, in it I always replace Idaho with North Dakota, UConn with Appalachian State, and UAB with the Citadel.

LuckySeven 06-03-2022 08:51 PM

NCAA 09 is my game of choice on PS2, so Western Kentucky gets the boot since it was their first year as an FBS school (as well as being an independent). Idaho as well since they announced dropping back down to the FCS level. Others depend on what I'm trying to do with the dynasty.

thinwhiteduke 06-10-2022 04:27 PM

Can have multiple dynasties to do different combinations.
One has all 12 created teams.
NCAA 2004, Last night I just put all the 1aa teams in, to create a completely different NCAA.
I did leave most of the big name schools in, like Penn State, Florida State, Alabama, Miami.
So naturally, they all are top 40 preseason poll ,lol.

crimsonbull9584 07-08-2022 01:34 PM

I usually dump Notre Dame and all the SEC schools, minus Kentucky and Vanderbilt. Sometimes the service academies, but that depends on what I'm trying to do with my dynasty.

thinwhiteduke 07-11-2022 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crimsonbull9584 (Post 2050620382)
I usually dump Notre Dame and all the SEC schools, minus Kentucky and Vanderbilt. Sometimes the service academies, but that depends on what I'm trying to do with my dynasty.

Ohh come on lol

Dump ND?

Limasbravo 07-12-2022 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinwhiteduke (Post 2050621511)
Ohh come on lol

Dump ND?

Heh heh heh, I do quite often too. Stems from the Colorado/Notre Dame rivalry in the 90s (Orange Bowls).

/It was a clip!
//Okay, maybe not, hard to tell.
///Still a Colorado National Title! *maybe with an asterisk*?