Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Anyone use analog pitching. If so are human slider irrelevant (/forums/showthread.php?t=999774)

jsou4646 07-01-2022 08:50 PM

Anyone use analog pitching. If so are human slider irrelevant

As the title says. I’ve used quick many for years but finally want to pitch. I’ve dabbled with classic and analog when i played sparingly online. I’ve lowered human consistency and control and it seems to have no impact on analog pitching. Anyone else notice this. Thanks.

jsou4646 07-02-2022 08:09 PM

Re: Anyone use analog pitching. If so are human slider irrelevant

Thanks for the feedback

stealyerface 07-03-2022 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsou4646 (Post 2050618366)
Thanks for the feedback

Have you tried Pinpoint? It’s like analog, but requires human-based accuracy with regards to input, timing and release. Pitcher stats matter, as the input is more forgiving with higher-rated pitchers, but it allows you to manipulate pitches more like you can in real life.

If you want to make sure your 0-2 fastball is up in the zone looking for a chase, you can aim up there, but also release the ball a little early, and do so on purpose to try and get an aggressive batter chasing. Likewise if your guy has a good curveball, you can hold onto it a little longer, and bury it in front of the plate by manipulating your release point.
I prefer being more active in my pitching, and it makes it way more rewarding than pressing a button and hoping.
Try a couple games with it, I was hooked after three games, as you see a HUGE difference in the release point and the accuracy between your pitching staff.
~syf

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Seancefc 07-03-2022 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsou4646 (Post 2050618027)
As the title says. I’ve used quick many for years but finally want to pitch. I’ve dabbled with classic and analog when i played sparingly online. I’ve lowered human consistency and control and it seems to have no impact on analog pitching. Anyone else notice this. Thanks.

Can’t speak for online as I only play franchise but I’m a pure analog pitcher. I’ve also had to reduce consistency and control as it’s too easy to spot your pitches but I’ve found a nice balance now where I struggle to get anywhere near the zone if my pitchers rattled. So yes, the sliders have helped. My main gripe is the CPU not punishing pitches which catch too much plate, often enough. I get away with too many. I’m on legend difficulty.

jsou4646 07-04-2022 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seancefc (Post 2050618610)
Can’t speak for online as I only play franchise but I’m a pure analog pitcher. I’ve also had to reduce consistency and control as it’s too easy to spot your pitches but I’ve found a nice balance now where I struggle to get anywhere near the zone if my pitchers rattled. So yes, the sliders have helped. My main gripe is the CPU not punishing pitches which catch too much plate, often enough. I get away with too many. I’m on legend difficulty.

What sliders are you using for human consistency and control.

Seancefc 07-07-2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsou4646 (Post 2050618733)
What sliders are you using for human consistency and control.

3/10 for both.