Home

MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online

This is a discussion on MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #937
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Maybe you are referring to all devices, but you can select your stream quality on the computer or you can let it decide for you.
That's what I was trying to go for with my last suggestion. Guess it was a bit confusing .
Old 04-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #938
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

Quote:
Baseball games are never not on local TV, at least from my experience. I've been able to watch every Cardinals, Reds, Braves, Indians, O's, Nationals, and Phillies game I've had access to the last decade or so, not that I've actually wanted to watch many of them. Could be a problem with your cable provider if you didn't have access.
I've been a Brewer fan, and been watching baseball for around 25 years that I can remember. I've lived in Wisconsin my entire life. Trust me when I tell you that there are random games that are not on TV here. They're usually Wednesday Afternoon games. It's not a problem with my cable provider. They aren't on TV.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #939
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Baseball games are never not on local TV, at least from my experience.
Royals don't show every game.

Think only about 140 are on TV, and that includes any ESPN/MLBN games. Of course most of those that aren't shown are in September, and I suspect that would change if they happen to be in a playoff race.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:56 PM   #940
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Is it possible to go in on a subscription with my brother and used this from two different households with no issue?

Sent from my mobile device.
As others have mentioned, people have been doing this for a while. Blackouts are tied to your IP address, you won't miss any games unless they are on locally. It technically is not allowed, but one household can always access it and the mobile option allows someone "traveling" from that household to also access it. So if they ever make a fuss about it, you can just say one person is away from home.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #941
MVP

Can I just confirm with some of you folks who have been using MLB.TV something about how this service works.

I don't need to worry about local blackouts since I don't live anywhere close to a team.

However ...

If I want to watch a game regardless of what market it was played in, if the game is over, I can't actually watch it for at least 90 minutes (possibly longer) until the game has been archived? Last night I was hoping to watch the Rockies/Brewers game but it was not available until extremely late in the evening (well more than 90 minutes after the game ended). In fact it got so late in the night, it was not worth even starting and I guess if I really want to watch the game, I will need to find some time tonight to watch it (meaning I will always be one day behind if I can't watch the games live and have to wait until after midnight for the games to be archived).

If this is the case, this is rather unfortunate. Not bad enough for me to want to cancel my subscription. But I don't understand why I am forced to wait 90+ minutes to watch completed games. I do need to get some sleep before work every day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #942
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

The Blue Jays will be blacked out if you are in Western Canada, possibly Seattle but I doubt it. For all of the US and Canada, every single part has at least one "local" team, even if they are hundreds of miles away. Example, all of Montana is considered Mariners territory, even if Glendive, MT on the eastern border is 1000 miles away.

And yes, you have to wait 90+ minutes for them to be archived. Not always that long, but I'd anticipate that. That's just what you're going to have to get used to if you can't watch live games. You can watch condensed games the next morning, but those are available free I believe.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #943
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Can I just confirm with some of you folks who have been using MLB.TV something about how this service works.

I don't need to worry about local blackouts since I don't live anywhere close to a team.

However ...

If I want to watch a game regardless of what market it was played in, if the game is over, I can't actually watch it for at least 90 minutes (possibly longer) until the game has been archived? Last night I was hoping to watch the Rockies/Brewers game but it was not available until extremely late in the evening (well more than 90 minutes after the game ended). In fact it got so late in the night, it was not worth even starting and I guess if I really want to watch the game, I will need to find some time tonight to watch it (meaning I will always be one day behind if I can't watch the games live and have to wait until after midnight for the games to be archived).

If this is the case, this is rather unfortunate. Not bad enough for me to want to cancel my subscription. But I don't understand why I am forced to wait 90+ minutes to watch completed games. I do need to get some sleep before work every day.
My guess is it takes 90 minutes for them to archive the footage so you can watch the replay.

I don't know what happens if you start the game say with one out to go and just rewind to the beginning. Does it cut off when the game is over? I don't know.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 04-04-2013, 03:12 PM   #944
MVP

Quote:
The Blue Jays will be blacked out if you are in Western Canada, possibly Seattle but I doubt it. For all of the US and Canada, every single part has at least one "local" team, even if they are hundreds of miles away. Example, all of Montana is considered Mariners territory, even if Glendive, MT on the eastern border is 1000 miles away.
Good thing I am not a Blue Jays or a Mariners fan then.

However the other night for the Jays home opener, the game was not only available on my cable TV channels, it was also available to me in MLB.TV (I watched the 2nd half of this game on MLB.TV), just as Rangers/Astros season opener game on Sunday night was also available to me but was apparently blacked out to everyone in the USA. Go figure ...

Last edited by My993C2; 04-04-2013 at 03:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »