Home

MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online

This is a discussion on MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
Forgot to mention. Just make sure the team you watch will not be blacked out. If its the local team it probably will be most times. I got it since I want to watch all of the Cubs and Red Sox games, and I don't live in those cities.
there are weird blackout restrictions for MLB games which apply to MLB.tv. These restrictions were set before TV when games were on the radio and MLB never went back and reconfigured the blackout map. For example, a friend of mine lives in Nashville and is blacked out there from any Cincinnati Reds game.

I'll try to send if I can find the map somewhere.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #10
MVP

funky_chicken's Arena

OVR: 37

I am currently watching the Mets vs. Red Sox game on the free preview. I am strongly considering ordering MLB.TV online on a monthly basis.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #11
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky_chicken
I am currently watching the Mets vs. Red Sox game on the free preview. I am strongly considering ordering MLB.TV online on a monthly basis.
I'm watching the Cubs/Yankees now, and it looks awesome (better than my Time Warner MLB package last year (even the HD games). The only problem is the DVR is slow on my broadband and not as good as the cable MLB package of course.
I was watching on my TV (hooked up my Macbook to my TV via miniDVI to HDMI) and it looked great. Hooked up the sound digitally to my reciever. Sounds great.
Now I am outside in the nice weather here, watching on my laptop as I type this. I couldn't do this conveniently with MLB package on cable. This is great. Highly recommended.

By the way, I have not had ANY hiccups since joining at full HD quality, and my wife is even on the internet now as well. Granted she is not downloading, but she IS listening to music which I have streaming over my network (Hard drives hooked up to Airport Extreme via USB streamed to iTunes). Awesome. And I'm only using DSL not cable broadband, like I used to have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #12
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

OK, I was behind in the Cubs game today, and then when it ended in real life, my stream just stopped. I was only in the 5th inning, but since the game ended in real life, it just cut me off. Of course if you try to reload, it won't since the game ended. Archives are not available right away. Its supposed to be 45 minutes after the game ends, but I am STILL waiting on yesterday's Cubs/Yanks game.

So this still has some kinks to be ironed out.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:36 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would recommend it as well. I had it last season and it was pretty great
Old 04-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #14
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Being in the UK for this season this is an absoulte must. Can watch the afternoon games at night and the night games the next morning. Boo ya!
Old 04-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #15
MVP

BengalTiger's Arena

OVR: 11

Heading into my 3rd season of MLB TV. I travel a good bit so it's nice to be able to watch games if I'm stuck in a hotel or something instead of crappy hotel tv. It's also nice to be able to go back and watch games from the previous day or highlights of a game.

I highly recommend any big baseball fan try it out, especially if you don't like seeing the Red Sox on ESPN every week.

As someone else said though, if you live in your favorite teams blackout area, it is probably not a good idea to drop money on MLB TV. For example I live in Louisiana and I am not able to see the Astros (3 hours away) or the Rangers (6+ hours away). MLB needs to really get on the stick and restructure the blackout rules.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 08:12 AM   #16
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah, the blackout rules are weird... For example, living in Raleigh, North Carolina, I can't see the Nationals and the Orioles. O's, I'm not too worried about, but when the Mets play the Nats, I'm stuck. But three hours away, in Charlotte, they're blacked out from watching the Braves. Weird.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »