Home

Hall Of Fame: Yes Or No?

This is a discussion on Hall Of Fame: Yes Or No? within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #25
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Hall Of Fame: Yes Or No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug00
Yeah, the DH was convenient, but at the same time he became so immobile that the only position he could play (crappily) was 1B and they had Tino* blocking him.

*saying/typing Tino Martinez's name makes me develop temporary turrets and shout **** Russ Davis!

Tino Martinez, you mean marble mouth?! And don't knock Russ Davis...we also got Sterling Hitchcock!

Anyway, is Edgar a HOF'er. My unbiased opinion? Absolutely. My biased opinion? Absolutely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #26
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
Tino Martinez, you mean marble mouth?! And don't knock Russ Davis...we also got Sterling Hitchcock!

Anyway, is Edgar a HOF'er. My unbiased opinion? Absolutely. My biased opinion? Absolutely.
Well, if we're talking about that full trade we can't forget we gave them Nellie as well. Kind of payback for the historic Jay Buhner for Ken Phelp's bat trade years earlier.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:10 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 46

Please coug, no more reminiscing bout those horrible 80s trades the yankees made lol

digging deeper into Edgars stats, man he DOES deserve it.
This was a good choice to discuss because he was so quiet that he blended in with the scenery, by the end of his career u look and go, HOLY COW' lol

nice numbers, EM, see ya in cooperstown.
not literally.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:26 AM   #28
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

I think Edgar is in for sure. The DH is a part of the game and he was the best at his position. It was a joy to watch him swing the bat and pick apart the field.

Sure was painful watching him leg out easy doubles in the waning years of his career.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #29
All Star

OVR: 32

I highly doubt he gets in. He didn't play the field, didn't win any MVPs, never went to the World Series, barely had 300 career home runs, and only amassed 2247 hits in his career. And perhaps most damning is that despite playing 18 seasons for the Mariners, at no point was he ever the face of the franchise.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #30
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
I highly doubt he gets in. He didn't play the field, didn't win any MVPs, never went to the World Series, barely had 300 career home runs, and only amassed 2247 hits in his career. And perhaps most damning is that despite playing 18 seasons for the Mariners, at no point was he ever the face of the franchise.
Crosses TheLetterZ off of OSBRSA Christmas List.

Actually, I tend to agree. I don't think Edgar will make it in, but I think he deserves to be in. He was injured too often and he doesn't meet the HOF's standards for longevity. However, while he was healthy, he was the 2nd best right handed hitter of his era (behind the Big Hurt) and still to this day is probably Seattle's favorite son.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #31
All Star

OVR: 32

Oh, I'd vote for him, but I don't think the BBWAA will. He doesn't have the necessary longevity or popularity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #32
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
You nailed it on the head IMO.

I'd vote for him too but to me the first true DH to enter the Hall IMO should be Harold Baines. I know we've goen through this argument before on OS so no need to rehash it but it's just my opinion on the matter.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »