Home

The Hot Stove League Thread

This is a discussion on The Hot Stove League Thread within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2011, 05:53 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: The Hot Stove League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
Take Him. Cubs save $ And get compensatory draft picks. And with Theo and Co. That's a good thing. Reports are he's looking for a 4 or 5 Year deal. Good Luck with that.

I'm a Aramis Fan, but his time in Chicago is over.. Unless he lowers his price tag.
Considering the Cubs are 4-5 years away from doing anything, it's understandable that they would rather have draft picks and more money. Heck, they still are paying Dempter 14 million next season.

He won't get 4-5 years, there's no way. He's 33. He hasn't show any decline offensively, but nobody is going to give him more than 3. I'll be shocked. I bet he will take 2 if he can get 13-14 per.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:23 PM   #18
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

The Marlins look to be active in FA this year and from what i've read they could increase it by atleast $30M so interested to see what moves they make. Do they go for the best FAs available in Pujols/Fielder even if it's not an immediate area of need or do they push for a SP,etc.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:34 PM   #19
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

There was a silly rumor coming out towards the end of the World Series that the Blue Jays may considering signing David Ortiz. This sounds like one of those made up rumors by agents because the Blue Jays never EVER publicly discuss any rumors. Big Papi doesn't even fit what the Jays need/want as he'd be Frank Thomas all over again.

The Jays are also expressing a ton of interest in J-Ball pitching sensation Yu Darvish and I believe they've had scouts looking at him the last couple years.

Essentially the Jays are going to be looking for a starter, solid bullpen arms and most likely a bat or two.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #20
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
Heck, they still are paying Dempter 14 million next season.

He won't get 4-5 years, there's no way. He's 33. He hasn't show any decline offensively, but nobody is going to give him more than 3. I'll be shocked. I bet he will take 2 if he can get 13-14 per.
Agreed on the Aram Points. Yeah Dempster's contract is bad.. I think there going to re-structure it, not sure. But Cubs need SP BAD and I feel he was just unlucky this year. So I'm not that mad that his optioned got picked up.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:13 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 3

I dont know man....If take away 2008, he's under .500 for his career and very up/down. He's a good innings eater, back end of the rotation guy. But anyways 14 million is an awful lot for him. He shouldn't get more than 10 I think. And that's when he is at his best.

14 million for a so-so pitcher on a rebuilding team filled with horrible contracts...The Cubs would love if he turned down his option
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 07:23 PM   #22
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
I doubt LA can really do anything this offseason, but please, please, lock up Kemp and Kershaw. That would make me a happy camper.
Kershaw they can probably lock up but i doubt they can lock up Kemp. Kemp was already unhappy when he signed a two year contract a couple of years ago and the Dodgers signed Andre Ethier after to a higher deal. Kemp is all about the money so i doubt he is going to give up the chance to test free agency and sign a long term deal to stay with a broke-*** owner
Old 10-31-2011, 07:51 PM   #23
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
And about Lowe...he had a 5 ERA and a 1.50 WHIP in the NL. He's 38. And now going to the AL? You really can't expect much from him. He's been so bad since leaving LA.

Jimenez, Carmona, Lowe.....The Tigers/Royals/Twins/White Sox are feeling good about next season.
Not sure why they would feel good about Ubaldo.

And our 4/5 are just as good as the Tigers/Royals/Twins/White Sox 4 and 5 starters.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:49 PM   #24
MVP

Travis40's Arena

OVR: 7

Per Buster Olney, CC Sabathia agreed to a one year extension (for the 2016 season) at $25 million, with a $25 million team option for 2017 that has a $5 million buyout.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »