Home

MLB Off-Topic

This is a discussion on MLB Off-Topic within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2018, 02:20 PM   #11121
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB Off-Topic

This is the best response https://twitter.com/kikehndez/status...15855340814336

Sent from my SM-G920V using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2018, 02:26 PM   #11122
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

The most offensive accusation I've heard so far this year from an opposing team's announcer about the other team's BP was when Bob Brenley mentioned that the Cardinals run their BP defensive drills, patterns, and routines poorly and lazily, and that it transfers over to the game. Now, he might be right but it seemed like a big low-blow. This was really a bigger shot at Mike Matheny at the time, which of course could speak largely to the culture of the team at that time. That coupled with the other off-field things between players, and it seems like it was just time for him to go.

As for the Simpson rant, I don't agree with how he said it but I love the look of consistent outer uniform apparel. Now, what you wear underneath, how many buttons you undo, whether you raise your pants and what kind of jewelry you wear is completely up to you. But same hat, top, pants, belt, and cleats (color-wise, at least) during all aspects of play, including BP is my preference. That has nothing to do with traditional vs. modern... that's just uniformity.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-29-2018, 02:31 PM   #11123
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
The most offensive accusation I've heard so far this year from an opposing team's announcer about the other team's BP was when Bob Brenley mentioned that the Cardinals run their BP defensive drills, patterns, and routines poorly and lazily, and that it transfers over to the game. Now, he might be right but it seemed like a big low-blow. This was really a bigger shot at Mike Matheny at the time, which of course could speak largely to the culture of the team at that time. That coupled with the other off-field things between players, and it seems like it was just time for him to go.

As for the Simpson rant, I don't agree with how he said it but I love the look of consistent outer uniform apparel. Now, what you wear underneath, how many buttons you undo, whether you raise your pants and what kind of jewelry you wear is completely up to you. But same hat, top, pants, belt, and cleats (color-wise, at least) during all aspects of play, including BP is my preference. That has nothing to do with traditional vs. modern... that's just uniformity.
I'm curious if you have players wear the same attire during a practice?

Old 07-29-2018, 02:41 PM   #11124
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Got to get one of these.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture+_2018-07-29-11-38-31.jpg (33.7 KB, 62 views)
Old 07-29-2018, 02:48 PM   #11125
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.

Yup, we fundraise for exactly that. During tryouts we don't quite look the same yet, but we get to that point. I love the look, and they do too.

One year we even allotted for BP tops but just decided to do the jerseys before the game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2018, 03:40 PM   #11126

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.

My college coach made us. It absolutely sucked. (Luckily depending on the practice type it was either shorts or sweats and t-shirt but we all still looked identical).
Old 07-29-2018, 05:39 PM   #11127
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
My college coach made us. It absolutely sucked. (Luckily depending on the practice type it was either shorts or sweats and t-shirt but we all still looked identical).
It surprised me to see that question asked. I just assumed that once you got to school ball in middle school and beyond that was the norm. We had a practice Jersey designated for each day of the week and BP was no different.

― Plato
Old 07-29-2018, 06:35 PM   #11128
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

We had shirts to wear for practice in college. I never thought much of it. I don't require my guys to wear specific shirts. We buy them undershirts for games but that's it. They don't have to wear them, but they do have to wear the same color and brown athletic shirts are really difficult to find.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »