Home

MLB Off-Topic

This is a discussion on MLB Off-Topic within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2022, 10:44 PM   #17809
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I dont know which is worse, annoying his teammates to give him stuff to sell, or not even shipping them out to the people who bought it.

And I wonder what selling it was like. At least in 2002 it was probably more of face to face seeing guys and selling them stuff. What do you say about this? Post it on Ebay like "Official New York Yankees gloves and bats straight from their locker room".
I don't think his teammates gave him the stuff, hence the allegations of stealing

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 05-19-2022, 10:53 PM   #17810

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I don't think his teammates gave him the stuff, hence the allegations of stealing

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
I interpreted it as both.

He pestered his teammates for stuff AND stole stuff. So maybe he did get some stuff, but stole other things.
Old 05-20-2022, 12:26 AM   #17811
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

Is minor league stuff even worth as much as MLB stuff?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2022, 10:13 AM   #17812

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Long but interesting read on how the pitch clock has fared in the minors so far.

https://www.mlb.com/news/how-pitch-c...eagues-in-2022

I wonder what this will be like in the majors. Whenever it gets implemented, obviously the first few weeks might be troublesome with guys getting use to it, but it does sound like it's been doing its job.

Batters only getting 1 timeout and pitchers 2 step offs/pickoffs in an AB is an interesting one. I could see them tweaking this for the majors. And 30 seconds between the end of a play and the start of the next pitch, which could result in a ball (if the P isn't ready) or a strike (if the batter isn't ready) is another interesting one.
Old 05-22-2022, 07:06 PM   #17813
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Long but interesting read on how the pitch clock has fared in the minors so far.

I wonder what this will be like in the majors. Whenever it gets implemented, obviously the first few weeks might be troublesome with guys getting use to it, but it does sound like it's been doing its job.

Batters only getting 1 timeout and pitchers 2 step offs/pickoffs in an AB is an interesting one. I could see them tweaking this for the majors. And 30 seconds between the end of a play and the start of the next pitch, which could result in a ball (if the P isn't ready) or a strike (if the batter isn't ready) is another interesting one.
Quote:

I'm hoping the pitch clock raises the value back up high where it used to reside in regaeds to stolen bases. move over Rickey Henderson, in 25 years you won't be the greatest of all-time lol
even average runners will learn to time their move to second highly effectively IMO

A Work in Progress
Old 05-26-2022, 04:45 PM   #17814
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Just saw a crazy stat on Twitter.

Joe Sewell, who played for Cleveland for the entire decade of the 20s and a couple years with the Yankees, went 1075 consecutive games without multiple strikeouts.

Just over 8 years (May 14, 1923-May 26, 1930). Only 54 strikeouts in that timeframe.

I looked up his career on Baseball Reference, and he only had 114 strikeouts in 8333 plate appearances.
Old 05-26-2022, 11:07 PM   #17815
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Just saw a crazy stat on Twitter.

Joe Sewell, who played for Cleveland for the entire decade of the 20s and a couple years with the Yankees, went 1075 consecutive games without multiple strikeouts.

Just over 8 years (May 14, 1923-May 26, 1930). Only 54 strikeouts in that timeframe.

I looked up his career on Baseball Reference, and he only had 114 strikeouts in 8333 plate appearances.
80 players struck out 114+ times last season. I didn't check but I'm pretty certain that none of them had 8333 plate appearances.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2022, 11:22 PM   #17816
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

If you look at his stats, he averaged almost 20 sacrifice bunts a season. Also had a crapload of doubles and triples, but I imagine a lot of players did with parks that could have had like 450 foot power alleys haha.

Either way, tremendously impressive. Never heard of the man.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »