Home

MLB Off-Topic

This is a discussion on MLB Off-Topic within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2016, 01:54 PM   #3921
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: MLB Off-Topic

Goose got a stern talking to from the Higher Ups, and kinda apologized?

He said the moment got the best if him, which ironically is exactly what he said when he hurled a fastball right into his own kid's leg.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2016, 02:10 PM   #3922

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Goose got a stern talking to from the Higher Ups, and kinda apologized?

He said the moment got the best if him, which ironically is exactly what he said when he hurled a fastball right into his own kid's leg.

He's a red a**. News at 11.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:40 PM   #3923
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Do yourselves a favor and download the ESPN radio app or go to ESPNChicago.com and look for the Waddle and Silvy podcast from yesterday in the ESPN 1000 podcasts. Goose did an interview with them after they saw his Jose Bautista comments and it's one of the all-time great angry old guy rants. They have just the interview up if you don't want to listen to the whole show, but all the Revenge of the Nerds "nerddddddddddddssssss" drops throughout the show almost make it worth it to listen to it haha.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:00 PM   #3924
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Players should show the strongest emotions in the proper situations. Or rather, people shouldn't make it their entire being just to get crazy all the time. If that's how you are, great. If someone's a fiery player, let them be. If someone's stoic then that's cool too. Just don't go pimping HRs in the first inning or flipping out cuz you got a grounder to end the 3rd inning during some random game in May.

Last thing I want and that baseball needs is for people to force it all and make it even more of some sideshow thing like the NHL with fights, the NFL with all the stupid talk about signs and banners and gestures and dances, etc. I'm sick of the distraction bull**** in other sports and it's pushed me most to baseball. I don't want to sour on, quite frankly, the only sport I have left. Other factors have already led me to souring on it. Don't want to go further. I like talking about how awesome Trout, Harper, Kershaw, Cabrera etc are in terms of their performance.

Baseball is the greatest game on the planet. We don't need gimmicks.

Last edited by TheMatrix31; 03-11-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:43 AM   #3925
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

It's just a classic case of "old timer syndrome" My generation was better blah blah.. Nostalgia is hell of a thing. I do agree with Goose on the blocking of the plate , I hate that rule, and it's weak in my eyes, but he really comes off and as an old tired douche with alot of his comments, and after what he said about Bryce and Bautista.

I wouldn't have blamed them one bit for blasting back. But they really handled themselves with class, making Goose look even douchier.

Bautista's bat flip? Loved it. What the hell does he expect him to do? The youth infusion, parity, and lack of labor disputes have baseball heading into a new golden era. I love the game right now, it's fantastic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2016, 06:44 AM   #3926
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I agree. Hate to say it but if you're older than 36 or getting there, your opinion is basically crap.

And if you don't like it, either adjust or watch something else.

Baseball has catered to the older fan for decades and watched their popularity dip compared to other leagues.

I get what Matrix is saying but this is life. It's reality. Things change and sometimes it isn't for everyone's good. One side gets the short hand of it but that's how it's supposed to go. Like clothes, movies and things to say, it all changes.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-12-2016, 07:56 AM   #3927
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

With all of this talk, you would think that this stuff happens at every at bat. People forget that before Bautista threw his bat, the game was already highly charged. When the Rangers took the lead in the middle of the game, fans started pelting the field with beer bottles and trash, causing the Rangers to have to leave the field at one point. The three E6s did nothing to help the Rangers, and then Bautista ripped one to the Hudson Bay. A little context goes a long way.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:53 AM   #3928
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I agree. Hate to say it but if you're older than 36 or getting there, your opinion is basically crap.

And if you don't like it, either adjust or watch something else.
So my opinion isn't going to be worth anything after August 26th? Damn, I better hurry with my opinion making!

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »