Home

2017-2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

This is a discussion on 2017-2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2017, 07:02 PM   #33
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: 2017-2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Marlins are looking to cut $90 million in payroll this off season. Fire sale probably upcoming.
I've heard that being bandied around in some places. I hope the Jays can pry away Ozuna or Dee Gordon from them.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-14-2017, 12:35 AM   #34
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Just a little bit more on the ongoing investigation MLB is conducting into the Braves:

- MLB is investigating that the Braves, primarily Coppollela, actually conducted illegal in home visits with MLB draft prospects. In these visits he urged them to fake injuries during workouts for teams, tell certain teams they wouldn't sign if drafted, and encourage other prospects they knew to do the same.

- Coppollela allegedly contacted the agents of players under contract on MULTIPLE occasions to discuss potential free agent contracts.

If any/all of this is true, lock that guy up...what a total and utter disaster. If this is true, I expect MLB to absolutely hammer the Braves...and they should.
****ing despicable.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:20 AM   #35
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
****ing despicable.
I am not even joking...if the stuff they are saying happened, happened, this team may be done for a LONG time. Words like "unprecedented violations" and "lack of institutional control" are being used. I love John Schuerholz and John Hart, but if this stuff is true...they have to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2017, 12:37 PM   #36
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
I am not even joking...if the stuff they are saying happened, happened, this team may be done for a LONG time. Words like "unprecedented violations" and "lack of institutional control" are being used. I love John Schuerholz and John Hart, but if this stuff is true...they have to go.
That's why this is such a gut punch even to non Braves fans. Those two guys are known for being two outstanding executives and this is a definite stain on their reputations if true. It seems like they might've been left in the dark about some of the more unseemly things going on in the front office.

It's just disheartening.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-14-2017, 12:42 PM   #37
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
That's why this is such a gut punch even to non Braves fans. Those two guys are known for being two outstanding executives and this is a definite stain on their reputations if true. It seems like they might've been left in the dark about some of the more unseemly things going on in the front office.

It's just disheartening.
There are two options:

1) They knew about it and turned a blind eye...they are just as complicit as if they did it.

or

2) They didn't know about it, but in their position it's their job to know about it.

Either way, they come off looking really poor. I caveat all of this with no one knows the extent of what has been found. I'm just going off reports/rumors...I hope it's not as bad as they say, but I'm willing to bet it is.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:34 PM   #38
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Have to see where it goes and who it leads to, but I'm willing to flush the organization regardless.

I kept sounding the alarm on this whole losing on purpose thing and was mocked incessantly for it.

All it did was breed a cancerous culture with cancerous people at the helm.

Losing begets losing. In a number of ways.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:03 PM   #39
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Have to see where it goes and who it leads to, but I'm willing to flush the organization regardless.

I kept sounding the alarm on this whole losing on purpose thing and was mocked incessantly for it.

All it did was breed a cancerous culture with cancerous people at the helm.

Losing begets losing. In a number of ways.
Meh...I can't say the "rebuilding" is what led to this. We are watching a team (Houston) that literally dismantled the organization and lost 100+ 3 times in a row to get to this point. Later tonight we'll watch a team (the Cubs) play in it's 3rd straight NLCS that had 4 straight years of sucking on purpose. Losing for a few years didn't wreck those organizations.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:17 PM   #40
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Meh...I can't say the "rebuilding" is what led to this. We are watching a team (Houston) that literally dismantled the organization and lost 100+ 3 times in a row to get to this point. Later tonight we'll watch a team (the Cubs) play in it's 3rd straight NLCS that had 4 straight years of sucking on purpose. Losing for a few years didn't wreck those organizations.
Gotta spread that agenda though.

Losing had nothing to do with this.

Watch me play video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »