Home

Managerial Moves

This is a discussion on Managerial Moves within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2018, 12:18 AM   #49
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Managerial Moves

The Dodgers have fired Dave Roberts...
Old 10-29-2018, 04:37 PM   #50

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

From Montoyos introductory press conference, he definitely sounds like a guy happy to finally be getting his chance in the big leagues. Lets hope he can do big things for the Jays. Biggest point he made was that he sees himself as a mix between old/new school.

And funny thing he mentioned. He was having dinner with Jays higher ups during the interview phase and their food took forever to arrive. So all that extra time led to them getting to know each other even more. Montoyo joked that if he ever sees that server again, he's gonna give him a big tip.

For all we know, that might've been one of deciding factors in hiring him.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:12 PM   #51
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Montoyo "won" the press conference. It means very little really but it helps to set a tone. Mark Shapiro and Atkins both lost their pressers when they came to town and it has created an air of animosity between fans and the front office. At least with this hire Montoyo seems like a very well rounded and interesting baseball guy. He's a true lifer in the game and from what was said, is one of the most respected guys in the game.

Oh and I just loved his death glare when he was told that there's going to be a lot of losing!

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2018, 11:37 PM   #52

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Montoyo "won" the press conference. It means very little really but it helps to set a tone. Mark Shapiro and Atkins both lost their pressers when they came to town and it has created an air of animosity between fans and the front office. At least with this hire Montoyo seems like a very well rounded and interesting baseball guy. He's a true lifer in the game and from what was said, is one of the most respected guys in the game.

Oh and I just loved his death glare when he was told that there's going to be a lot of losing!
Was she from cp24? She asked multiple questions, none sounding intelligent, similar to the Kawhi presser with the cp24 guy asking a dumb question.

I never got the Atkins hate. He seems fine to me. Maybe it's just more of fans not liking him because they loved AA so much? Shapiro I can understand because to me, he gave off a JP vibe in a bad way.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:20 AM   #53
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Today as a Mets fan, the press conference introducing our new GM is must-see tv/ radio- listening. So many questions????????

I look at it as Win-Win at the moment.

This is so off the wall, it may work. What everybody thought would be the safest pick turned into the most insane. An outsider given the task of fixing the stupidity, that it works.

Or,

Because the Wilpons have gambled so highly on this, it turns into a disaster. Maybe the piece needed to have them finally sell the team because of their meddling.

Win-Win
Old 10-30-2018, 04:44 PM   #54
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

I see it as a definite win-win for the Mets, but probably not on the field though.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:00 PM   #55
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I see it as a definite win-win for the Mets, but probably not on the field though.
Well, he's promising that we'll be competitive next year so that's a start. Brodie, you're on the clock.

I know we need help in many different areas but when your team's starting staff is the envy of the league you can't dispute some level of hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2018, 11:13 PM   #56
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Rangers to name Chris Woodward manager according to MLBTR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »