Home

Rate yor teams off season

This is a discussion on Rate yor teams off season within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2019, 03:33 PM   #9
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Rate yor teams off season

Wish I could be there the day they honor Beltre.

I still rate my team's offseason a D-
Old 03-01-2019, 03:17 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

New York Yankees - 9/10. Should be even better then last year.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:36 AM   #11
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Detroit Tigers- 6/10

Highlights:
Non-tendered James McCann and Alex Wilson
Added Matt Moore at 1 year, 2.5 M
Added Tyson Ross at 1 year, 5.75 M
Added Jody Mercer at 1 year, 5.25 M
Selected Reed Garrett in the rule 5 draft
Added Josh Harrison at 1 year, 2 M

The non-tendering of James McCann is fine, as there are enough interesting catchers in the Tiger's org that they need to take a look at. Adding Moore and Ross on 1 year deals is a stop gap until the younger pitchers in the system can take their place. The team needed a stopgap at SS, and while Iglesias signed for less, the dude must have pissed in the commissioner's cereal or something as no one wanted to trade for him for the past 2 years and no one wanted to sign him, despite his being a decent enough player. Josh Harrison is probably the best add, as he'll get playing time to boost his trade stock without blocking anyone.

Reed Garrett has a decent year in AAA for the Rangers out of the 'pen and with it being as shallow as it is, should make the team. One thing I would have liked would have been for the Tigers to add a veteran or two to the bullpen, especially after non-tendering Alex Wilson. They also failed to consummate a deal on Castellanos or Zimmermann. Based on the lack of trade interest in Castellanos, I could see an extension on the horizon.

Overall, the offseason was perfectly reasonable, but kind of feels like the bare minimum. More could have been done to put the team in a better place going forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2019, 07:28 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 27

Phillies 10/10. No other team even comes close.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:06 PM   #13
Rookie

bravo2208's Arena

OVR: 0

I liked getting Donaldson on a 1-year deal. It's a low risk, high reward kind of thing I guess. If it doesn't work out, Riley is waiting. Brian McCann coming home is great for sentimental reasons. I don't expect him to be the old Brian and that's okay. McCann + Flowers should be a formidable catching platoon. With all of these young arms coming up, it's a good thing they get to work with 2 of the smartest catchers in the game. Getting Markakis cheap was a solid move. He tore it up in the first half last year. Hopefully Duvall can pick up where he leaves off this year. I hope playing the long game works out for AA and company. I trust the process for the most part. Seems like they're all in on this farm system and I can't really blame them. Do I wish they'd go after Kimbrel and/or Keuchel? Of course. But at the right price.

I'd give it a B+
Old 03-05-2019, 05:15 PM   #14
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Signed Garrett Richards as a project for 2020, C-
Signed Adam Warren, C
Signed Aaron Loup, C
Signed Manny Machado, A+
Let Carlos Asuaje move on, B
Signed Ian Kinsler, C+
Traded Clayton Richard, B
Traded Raffy Lopez, C
Claimed Greg Garcia, C
Released Cory Spangenberg, B
Released Christian Villanueva, B
Failed to trade Wil Myers, F

Overall: C+
Old 03-07-2019, 01:50 AM   #15
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Phillies 10/10. No other team even comes close.
Did the deal include F. P. Santangelo? No. No, I think not. Therefore a 10/10 is not possible. It simply is not ..... more like a 6!

Just saw he tweeted this last week: I love that Bryce signed with the Phillies. It’s spices things up big time and will make this season more exciting that it already was going to be. The NL East is awesome!! That’s how it should be in every division in baseball... #Compete

Now he's rooting for the NL East. M'kay.

Last edited by daflyboys; 03-07-2019 at 01:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2019, 07:15 PM   #16
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Let's see about them Giants...

- Signed 6+ ERA-man Drew Pomeranz and "switches clubs more than he does hands" Pat Venditte to one-year deals, and re-signed Derek Holland.
- Whiffed on nabbing Bryce Harper, no surprise there and not one I had to have personally but still didn't bite.
- Signed Cameron Maybin to a minor league contract, started ST by going 0-for-16 and been arrested on a DUI.
- Their CEO was embarrassed for a physical altercation involving his wife caught on video in the public eye of downtown San Francisco, and is now taking an indefinite leave of absence.

GRADE: EFF
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »