Home

2019 Spring Training Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 2019 Spring Training Discussion Thread within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2019, 11:40 PM   #57
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: 2019 Spring Training Discussion Thread

Chris Shaw for the Giants just pulled an unbelievably majestic home run that disappeared into the night.

It's one thing to hit it like 450 feet in a power alley, but this was down the right field line and that just doesn't happen often. Note that I don't know how far it went at all, but it reminded me of one of those home runs with the power, height and direction that could have landed in Rogers Centre's upper deck.

EDIT: I don't really know, I'm probably over-exaggerating it. Last thing I want to do is find out it just went 370 feet or something. Sure looked good though, but without a shot of where it actually went it's all mythical speculation on my end.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 03-01-2019 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:28 AM   #58
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Chris Shaw for the Giants just pulled an unbelievably majestic home run that disappeared into the night.

It's one thing to hit it like 450 feet in a power alley, but this was down the right field line and that just doesn't happen often. Note that I don't know how far it went at all, but it reminded me of one of those home runs with the power, height and direction that could have landed in Rogers Centre's upper deck.

EDIT: I don't really know, I'm probably over-exaggerating it. Last thing I want to do is find out it just went 370 feet or something. Sure looked good though, but without a shot of where it actually went it's all mythical speculation on my end.

Come on now....bust out your calculator and equations; you know you want to tell us to the decimal how far that ball went!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-02-2019, 08:59 AM   #59
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Oh, I'd love to! I need parameters though haha. Initial velocity, "launch angle" (ugh), wind speed, temperature!

Okay, I won't include temperature. We would need distance though to get at least a half-decent idea of whether or not it could have reached that upper deck in Toronto. I believe it would have reached Yankee Stadium's, Coors', and CBP's without question. Out of reach in Seattle or Cleveland, though.

EDIT: Here is the video, anyway.

https://www.mlb.com/giants/video/sha...th-c2523228183

One thing for sure is that the hang-time was somewhere between 7-7.5 seconds.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 03-02-2019 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:28 PM   #60

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Big surprise, Devon Travis is hurt again.

Jays should've traded him when he was healthy. They already have Gurriel and Galvis up the middle. Drury will be on bench once Vlad gets called up, and Urena last year in his call up time was good. So 2 starters and 2 bench guys to plug the middle while having 2 top prospects who also play up the middle. No need for Travis.

Though I heard Jays might try Gurriel in OF. That'd be great if it works out. They have him signed to a video game glitch like contract. Could become one of biggest long term contract steals in baseball.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:28 PM   #61
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir

Though I heard Jays might try Gurriel in OF.
They want Gurriel to be their super utility guy so he could play anywhere up the middle and in the OF.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2019, 03:53 PM   #62
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Oh, I'd love to! I need parameters though haha. Initial velocity, "launch angle" (ugh), wind speed, temperature!

Okay, I won't include temperature. We would need distance though to get at least a half-decent idea of whether or not it could have reached that upper deck in Toronto. I believe it would have reached Yankee Stadium's, Coors', and CBP's without question. Out of reach in Seattle or Cleveland, though.

EDIT: Here is the video, anyway.

https://www.mlb.com/giants/video/sha...th-c2523228183

One thing for sure is that the hang-time was somewhere between 7-7.5 seconds.
Are you telling us that a protractor, a t-square, and a compass aren't enough to do the job anymore?
Old 03-02-2019, 04:25 PM   #63
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Are you telling us that a protractor, a t-square, and a compass aren't enough to do the job anymore?
Changing times, my friend.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:16 PM   #64
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Anyone else have an irrational love for Minnesota Twins uniforms? Watching them vs Philly and just something about them that is snazzy. Old school meets new school. Nice colors etc. That's been more than enough for me to franchise with them in past video games. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »