Home

2021 World Series: Atlanta Braves vs. Houston Astros.

This is a discussion on 2021 World Series: Atlanta Braves vs. Houston Astros. within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2021, 11:10 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2021 World Series: Atlanta Braves vs. Houston Astros.

Might be the last baseball games in a long time, gotta enjoy them.
Old 10-24-2021, 11:34 AM   #18
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Go Braves! There are alot of story lines going in this one. Dusty Baker former Braves and good friends with the late Iconic Braves Mr. Aaron. Manager Snitker son is on the coaching staff of the Astros. SP Morton won the World Series for the Astros back 2017.

I think we(Braves) can do it 7!!!!
Old 10-24-2021, 11:36 AM   #19
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Go Astros

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 10-24-2021, 12:43 PM   #20
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
Might be the last baseball games in a long time, gotta enjoy them.
You mean the CBA?
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 10-24-2021, 03:23 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0

Yes.

/10char
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2021, 04:50 PM   #22
All Star

OVR: 8

I've gone into each postseason series thinking that the Braves would lose, and I see no reason to change that now.

Houston's offense has the ability to win in multiple ways, ie: they don't strike out 11+ times a game.

Hoping for a Braves win, but I'm also hoping that we see starters going 5 innings or more regularly, on both sides.
Old 10-24-2021, 07:16 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

What's with the media acting like it is incredible the Braves are here? I get that they lost Acuna and were a team that struggled to get to .500 for a chunk of the season, but everyone knows this team has plenty of talent. When they were struggling early in the year Freddie couldn't hit anything to save his life, Morton was remembering how to pitch, and the team simply couldn't put it all together for a stint of time.

It's not like this is some band of miscasts that have found their way to a world series. This is mostly the same team that was 1 win away from the WS last year and outside of the Acuna injury is a better team all around than they were last year. I get the Dodgers tried to buy a title and have a payroll even the Yankees are jealous of, but they are also a banged up team, and a team who wasn't as good as last year's team, imo. Sure, them and the Giants got a ton of wins this year, but those two also combined for a 33-5 record against Arizona. Make those two faces the other 27 teams in the league and their records/winning percentages are much more in line with the rest of the playoff teams.

Maybe I am biased, but I don't see the Braves being here some incredible story. The talent has been there the entire season. This is one of the better lineups out there and the pitching staff has plenty of young capable arms. Is it crazy they were under .500 so long and lost Acuna and now are here? Maybe a tad bit. They had some poor luck early in the year and their expected win totals show just that.

It is impressive that Soler, Rosario, and Joc have had the impacts they've had, but they aren't the sole reason for the turnaround. The pitching staff finally lived up to expectations after the first 2 months of the season. They were solid and easily a top 5 staff the last 100+ games of the year. Once Freddie, and the rest of the lineup really, started hitting and living up to their expectations we saw a team that took control of the division and never looked. back. It's not like black magic was performed to get the Braves here.

I think it is very fair to say that the Braves drastically underachieved the first half of the season and the way they've played since the ASB is what most people expected this Braves team to look like all year. It wasn't a stretch to think this Braves team would flirt with also being a 100 win team this year given their roster and the division they play in. I think there was an overreaction to their poor start to the year, and I'll admit that I put them down plenty, but that's also part of my schtick. If we're going to be honest, the Braves have a top 5 roster in baseball so them being here is not as big of a deal as the media is making it out to be in my opinion.

― Plato
Old 10-25-2021, 12:58 AM   #24
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Well, the Braves finished with 18 fewer wins than the Dodgers, which by win totals makes it 2nd largest upset in the last 115 years. The Dodgers, despite beating up on Arizona, had a higher winning percentage against the NL East (.727) than they did the NL West (.658). (Atlanta was 15-16 vs the NL West, BTW.) The Braves had the lowest winning percentage among the 10 playoff teams, were missing their most dynamic player, have plenty of recent and historical playoff baggage, and were up against the uber-rich defending champs.

Miracle on Grass? No! Pretty big story? Sure!

More to the point, why do so many fans need validation from the media? Who cares?

PS: If you threw out their games against the D-Backs, the Giants and Dodgers were both 90-53 (.629), which would make them... still the best two teams in MLB by winning percentage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post

Last edited by DrJones; 10-25-2021 at 01:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »