Home

MLB Lockout

This is a discussion on MLB Lockout within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2022, 02:48 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB Lockout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
MLB Trade Rumors highlighted this article from The Score's Travis Sawchick which is a good read. Pretty much explains how we're still at this point.
That article mentions how the owners are all on the same page and I really wonder how that’s possible with the way a large group of teams just don’t spend money. I would think that would cause dissension when so many teams are collecting revenue sharing and not put it back in to the team.
Old 02-14-2022, 03:40 PM   #74
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
That article mentions how the owners are all on the same page and I really wonder how that’s possible with the way a large group of teams just don’t spend money. I would think that would cause dissension when so many teams are collecting revenue sharing and not put it back in to the team.

Maybe wealthy teams are more than happy to pay up to keep small market teams down.

Small markets actually spending in free agency would drive up salaries and maybe would end up a larger expense than revenue sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 02-14-2022, 03:48 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

I mean, older players have been getting payed less and less through out the years and there are less and less older players period. Younger players have been getting squeezed by the initial contract and front offices figuring out that's where the surplus value is.

Why would the owners offer free agency after 4 years and arbitration after 1 year when they can have their cake and eat it too. It isn’t their fault that the Union ****ed up the last 2 CBA’s.

MLB owners are testing the players, won’t make major concessions without fight

I have been saying this for a long time, if the Union intends to make up for what they have "lost" during the last 2 CBA's then we are in for the long haul.

******** src="moz-extension://a8462fe0-d9b6-4eb4-9021-b8c5a4f16443/js/app.js" type="text/javascript">
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2022, 04:32 PM   #76
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Players who are on the 40 man roster are part of the MLBPA and are expected to promote solidarity with the union and not play for MLB affiliated minor league teams.
They can play in other leagues, however.

******** async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

Watch me play video games
Old 02-14-2022, 05:01 PM   #77
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

You Don't need 4 weeks of ST. 2020 is no reflection. they played 3 weeks stopped for 4 months then played 3 weeks. the injuries happened because of 4 months more of a off season which the 2 sides wasted 2 months on insetting a deal done for a 100 game season that turned into 60 games. I don't want to hear the covid excuse they could have started baseball in June that year not late July.
Old 02-14-2022, 08:12 PM   #78

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Exactly.

I'm surprised in a revenue sharing league that the top teams have no problem with bottom feeders not spending.

There needs to be a payroll floor (with the penalty being a reduction of money from revenue sharing if you are below it). Its a win win for most. The teams above the floor have nothing to worry about, and the players know that teams in the league are spending money.
Old 02-16-2022, 09:34 AM   #79
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I wonder what the chances are, if even possible, the two sides agree to extend the current CBA by one year to ensure regular season games aren't lost and then have the entire calendar year to hammer out the details of a new CBA?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-16-2022, 11:47 AM   #80
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I wonder what the chances are, if even possible, the two sides agree to extend the current CBA by one year to ensure regular season games aren't lost and then have the entire calendar year to hammer out the details of a new CBA?
I feel like if they did that they’d wait until next January to start negotiating

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »