Home

March Games Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on March Games Discussion Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2023, 10:20 PM   #857
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: March Games Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Grizzlies’ C Steven Adams out for the rest of the season, with a knee issue, per Woj.

He had already been out since January.

They’ve not been the same team at all without him, but teams really tried to exploit him come playoff time last year so not having him on the floor for big stretches was already going to be a reality come playoff time. Still it stings a bit more than normal with Clarke also gone for the year.

JJJ can eat most the center minutes with no issue (if he doesn’t foul out in 20 minutes) and Tillman is fine getting minutes next to him or backup center minutes. But someone out of Aldama, Roddy, LaRavia, Lofton will really have to step up and fill some crucial playoff minutes with both guys out. Aldama and Roddy have been decent enough most of the year though.

JJJ leads the league in fouls per game, Brooks is like 7th. It will be tough for them any night they both pick up some of the dumb fouls they constantly pick up. They are very deep, IMO one of the deepest teams in the league, but that changes a bit when you ask these guys to play bigger roles.

Lakers aren’t a great matchup for them if they win and take the 7 seed. I don’t see how JJJ isn’t in foul trouble all series long matched up with AD, especially if Bron and Reaves are both actively trying to get to the line as well and control tempo. With all that said, they don’t have defensive speed on the perimeter, Ja might average like 35 on them lol.

I’m torn because if the Lakers land the 7th seed I’ll get to watch playoff LeBron in person for the first time in my life. But I think Memphis can still beat Minnesota even with guys out.
Old 04-09-2023, 10:33 PM   #858
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

I know it hasn’t shown at any point all season long but I refuse to believe that Golden State doesn’t have some degree of “flipping the switch” that will show up once the postseason starts.

Landing Sacramento as a first round match-up instead of Phoenix/LAC, followed by a banged up Memphis team or LAL/Minny, is basically the ideal path to figure it all out before facing a team that looks like a true contender.

Another year of them landing some playoff luck in terms of matchups/injuries. Somebody in that organization musta found the pot of gold or something man lol.
Old 04-10-2023, 09:49 PM   #859
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Oh man thank God we're back! Rudy suspended for one game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »