Home

2023 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2023 Offseason Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2023, 11:43 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 2023 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Also seems to me like they were going to have to choose between him and Ayton. They weren’t sticking together.
Should of been Ayton.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2023, 01:27 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Somebody had to be the sacrificial lamb.

Just like Doc will most likely be as well. When you're in a situation where you have a top heavy roster, no cap space, limited trade assets, and limited draft picks, I guess firing the coach is the easy decision.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:31 PM   #27
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Just like Doc will most likely be as well. When you're in a situation where you have a top heavy roster, no cap space, limited trade assets, and limited draft picks, I guess firing the coach is the easy decision.
I've not seen it reported anywhere, but a trade around John Collins for Tobas Harris seems realistic since Tobas contract is shorter. What do you think?
Old 05-15-2023, 02:47 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I agree but I think Doc has gotten stale. He just never gets over the hump. That game 6 where Embiid doesn't touch the ball for the final 3:55 is absurd. A coach has to recognize that. That's the series right there. Philly might be in the ECF if adjustments are made.

Monty is just getting screwed because people look at the stars on that team and think that team has to make the WCF at the least.

Last edited by DamnYanks2; 05-15-2023 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:54 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I've not seen it reported anywhere, but a trade around John Collins for Tobas Harris seems realistic since Tobas contract is shorter. What do you think?
Ehh, I rather turn Harris into 2-3 solid players than one guy who might not be a good fit. Collins would have similar fit issues as Harris. Harris/Collins are modern PFs and PJ Tucker is best off as a PF. Harris role on this team this year was a 3 & D wing. Harris wants to cook at times. I want to say Collins wanted a bigger role as well. It almost feels like a wash. Collins is the better rebounder/higher energy guy compared to Harris, but Harris seems like the better shooter. Plus, I don't want to tie in longer money.
Old 05-15-2023, 03:03 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
I agree but I think Doc has gotten stale. He just never gets over the hump. That game 6 where Embiid doesn't touch the ball for the final 3:55 is absurd. A coach has to recognize that. That's the series right there. Philly might be in the ECF if adjustments are made.

Like I said, I'm not a Doc guy, so I wouldn't be sad about him not being the coach. I wasn't too keen him getting the job in the first place especially after blowing a 3-1 lead. There's a funny joke about Doc. He can coach a great team to the 2nd half and fail, and he can coach a underwhelming team to the second round and seem like a success. So many times this year when guys were out, no one was surprised when they 'upset' reams because he does better when he's not forcing an issue.

I do think he got better with adjustments this year. But, I do think they could upgrade. He's still stubborn and isn't accountable. If he's fired, he's being fired for the what happened throughout his tenure. They need a no-nonsense coach that wouldn't be afraid to get in Embiid and the other guys face.

I don't want D'Antoni. I'm still more than okay with promoting Sam Cassell

Last edited by illwill10; 05-15-2023 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-15-2023, 03:41 PM   #31

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
He also has a partially guaranteed contract, so some team might take him to dump more money, or long-term money, even if they end result is waiving him for him to sign elsewhere.
If I read correctly, his guarantee kicks in June 28th?

Have no idea how this even works if he's dealt during the draft and the deal doesn't become official until after the guarantee. Would the salaries have to match that of his fully guaranteed money, his partial guarantee money, or how does that even work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2023, 03:44 PM   #32
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Like I said, I'm not a Doc guy, so I wouldn't be sad about him not being the coach. I wasn't too keen him getting the job in the first place especially after blowing a 3-1 lead. There's a funny joke about Doc. He can coach a great team to the 2nd half and fail, and he can coach a underwhelming team to the second round and seem like a success. So many times this year when guys were out, no one was surprised when they 'upset' reams because he does better when he's not forcing an issue.

I do think he got better with adjustments this year. But, I do think they could upgrade. He's still stubborn and isn't accountable. If he's fired, he's being fired for the what happened throughout his tenure. They need a no-nonsense coach that wouldn't be afraid to get in Embiid and the other guys face.

I don't want D'Antoni. I'm still more than okay with promoting Sam Cassell
I would love to see Sam "I Am" finally getting a head coaching opportunity. Seems like he's been an assistant head coach forever, LOL.

If they can Doc - I'm surprised it hasn't yet, TBH - who else would you want for the job other than Cassell?

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »