Home

2023 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2023 Offseason Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2023, 03:18 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2023 Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
David Fizdale.

Memphis he was doing good. Forgot why he got fired. Got to NY and it was downhill from there and I haven’t heard from him since
Think he was butting heads with some players (Gasol) and management. They got off to a really bad start of his 2nd year there, then he benched Marc in the 4th quarter of game that ultimately lead to their 8th straight loss and he was gone.

Team wasn't good though, hey had moved on from ZBo, Allen, Vince, Mike Conley was hurt, they had just given all that money to Parsons, and the younger guys they took a chance on Mario Chalmers, Ben McLemore, Andrew Harrison, James Ennis, were all booty cheeks. But he was also trying to cut Marc out for guys like Jarrell Martin and Deyonta Davis, and neither of those guys were even NBA roster caliber guys.

Think he took the fall ultimately from a poorly constructed team, but had also alienated their best player, and Mike was out too. Only thing good that came out of that team was Dillon Brooks having a solid rookie year especially for a 2nd round pick, and JaMychal Green looking like he could be a solid part of their core for the next few years... (but then they traded him for Avery Bradley for whatever reason).

Those ****ty 2-3 years though led to Kleiman replacing Wallace, hiring Jenkins, drafting JJJ, Clarke, Ja, Bane, flipping Gasol for JV then for Adams.. All of which have been really positive moves for a quick turnaround.
Old 05-16-2023, 07:01 PM   #50

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Masai and Doc Rivers have a long history, and he most recently was a guy they were looking at before deciding to have Nurse be coach once Casey left. I wonder if that gets revisited now.

Not that Doc would be the best of choices the Raptors could make, but just makes you wonder.
Old 05-16-2023, 07:45 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Masai and Doc Rivers have a long history, and he most recently was a guy they were looking at before deciding to have Nurse be coach once Casey left. I wonder if that gets revisited now.

Not that Doc would be the best of choices the Raptors could make, but just makes you wonder.
Just like Nurse has history with Morey when Nurse was the G-League coach of the Rockets affiliate team. I wouldn't mind Nurse.

Main thing I want i was see is a coach who can develop young guys. I exclude Maxey, well at least put more of the credit with Cassell than Doc with Maxey' development.

I see Doc taking the year off. Doc doesn't want to rebuild. I see him taking a job that has a higher floor.

Last edited by illwill10; 05-16-2023 at 07:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2023, 08:11 PM   #52
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

ESPN has many holes as a company, but none of them are more obvious then draft coverage on tv.
Old 05-16-2023, 08:27 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Vic to the Spurs damn!
Old 05-16-2023, 08:31 PM   #54
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Everyone is going to say It’s a great spot for him and I guess overall it is. But I don’t believe Pop is the coach that can win anything in todays NBA.

I think they have a lot of cap space as well this summer
Old 05-16-2023, 08:58 PM   #55
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Everyone is going to say It’s a great spot for him and I guess overall it is. But I don’t believe Pop is the coach that can win anything in todays NBA.

What really has changed between the last time they won it and now as far as the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2023, 11:16 AM   #56
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
What really has changed between the last time they won it and now as far as the game?
Teams do use the three-pointer as their primary offense a lot more than in 2014. Still, the league hasn't changed that much between now and then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan

I think Pop isn't too worried about wins and losses. I think it's about helping develop the young guys and just purely coaching at this point.

If he had a veteran group and another superstar around he could easily still be winning.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »