Home

2009 NBA Draft

This is a discussion on 2009 NBA Draft within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #1665
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: 2009 NBA Draft

Williams will be an interesting case in the pros, I'm not that high on him but we'll see. He basically ran Louisville's offense last year but was never that impressive against good forwards IMO and always looked his best when Louisville was able to run. Seeing him in a half court set, like Earl Clark, was not pretty.

I see him being more a complimentary player in the NBA. It's also never good when you're a 6'6 freak athlete and your career FG% in college is a hair below 40%.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #1666
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

KG, I haven't seen him play in College but I once I heard we were interested in him, I started following him in his workouts and combine.

Right now, our roster currently looks like this:

PG: Harris, Alston
SG: Lee, Hayes, Dooling
SF: CDR, Williams, Simmons
PF: Yi, Battie, Simmons
C: Lopez, Boone
Old 06-29-2009, 06:18 PM   #1667
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27

So with Minny drafting so many pg's does that mean Telfair is done there?
Old 06-29-2009, 07:22 PM   #1668
Rookie

Blazix's Arena

OVR: 6

I am a really big UofL fan and I have to say Twil is going to be an excellent player in the Nba. He is an amazing athlete and a strong finisher and good ball handler. The only exception is his shooting. He improved tremendously through his 4 years of college and he is just going to keep improve. Playing under Rick Pitino has given him the ability to play in a fast paced tempo and is both a good on ball and pass lane defender.

A good nba player requires ability as a basketball player and the will to keep improving and play basketball. Earl Clark definitely has the ability but his will is questionable. IMO, I think Earl wants to prove everyone that he has the will to be a good player making him a level higher than all of the other rookies. He will fit perfectly in Alvin Gentry's fast based 10 second or less offense considering this is where he excelled the most at UofL. I also think he is an underated defender. This is a 6-10 guy that has the ability to defend a guard. He will deny all questions and become an excellent nba player.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #1669
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Williams will be an interesting case in the pros, I'm not that high on him but we'll see. He basically ran Louisville's offense last year but was never that impressive against good forwards IMO and always looked his best when Louisville was able to run. Seeing him in a half court set, like Earl Clark, was not pretty.

I see him being more a complimentary player in the NBA. It's also never good when you're a 6'6 freak athlete and your career FG% in college is a hair below 40%.
Yeah, he's not gonna be a star but he could be a good role player. I don't really look at his career shooting % because his shot was broke before this year. His athleticism would make you believe he would get easier shots but he settled a lot for tough shots. I do like his pro prospects over CDR's though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »