Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2010, 01:11 PM   #73
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: The Official "Where is LeBron going?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Bosh is leaning more right now on a sign and trade than a straight up signing. NY is drained of assets and cannot do this deal. He could still sign straight up with NY but just saying what I'm reading.
Lee is the Knicks' asset that people are forgetting about, if there's a sign and trade it would involve David Lee. This of course means Lee would have to agree to go to Toronto, but if the money is right I don't think he'll care. If not, the Knicks are out of the picture for Bosh in terms of a sign and trade.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #74
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Lee is the Knicks' asset that people are forgetting about, if there's a sign and trade it would involve David Lee. This of course means Lee would have to agree to go to Toronto, but if the money is right I don't think he'll care. If not, the Knicks are out of the picture for Bosh in terms of a sign and trade.
Good point. Thing is it would have to be a max contract or close to it for a max contract. Does Toronto want to pay Lee that kind of money?
Old 05-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #75
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
I REALLY hope Lebron stays away from Chicago. I don't like his "entitled" attitude and I think he'll infect guys like Rose and Noah.
LOL.

Yeah, you don't want that to happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #76
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: The Official where is LeBron going thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Until you move to LA please dont question what I just said.

I think why LA is brought up in LeBron threads period is because people in the back of their minds knew or rather were afraid that the Cavs would've ousted the Lakers had they both made the finals.

Right now I have dudes who never email me, can hardly get them to respond to things important to some serious things going on in life, going on a roll about LeBron. They're lakers fans... these dudes are so predictable its not even funny, and if you want to call it hate, enjoy the name calling. I know what I know.

That said, I still dont think LeBron even knows what he's going to do yet. The Cavs have alot of important decisions to make immediately.
We both know they have 1 EASY decision to make.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #77
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
#1. I am a huge basketball fan.
#2. Having the best player in the world on the team doesn't guarantee anything (i.e.-Cleveland). I'd much rather have a great team. We have a start with Rose and Noah. Once Lebron gets there, it will be all about Lebron, and I don't like that.
#3. Anybody who says, "The fact that I spoil a lot of people with my play -- when you have a bad game here and there, when you have three bad games in a seven-year career." Really Lebron, only 3 bad games?

Yea, that's entitlement.
Quote:
While I am thinking about it, the fact that Lebron played Boston like they were going to roll out the red carpet for him speaks volumes of his sense of entitlement. You are playing against not 1, not 2, but 3 HOF's with a young gun like Rondo that shines in the playoffs. And then you make a statement about 3 bad games in 7 years. That really turned me off to the "greatness" of Lebron. Kobe had to learn the same thing, hopefully Lebron does soon.
You done? I personally don't mind what LeBron said and don't see what the big deal is anyway. If we wanna read into stuff like everyone has been doing on this series, maybe he meant three bad playoff games? LeBron has carried that team since he got there, he didn't show up in Game 5 and he got bent over for it. He should get criticized for it, but people took it to an extreme that it didn't have to go.

No having the best player on your team doesn't gurantee you anything but history has done a pretty good job of showing us that the team with the highly accepted best player in the world is going to contend for titles. LeBron, Kobe, Shaq, Jordan, Bird, Magic, Russell, Wilt the list is long and they all end in rings except one so far. To say you don't want the best player in the world on your team is outrageous.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #78
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Kobe has been down a similar road before. Yet when his name was being mentioned in a trade people were jumping from the Sears Tower in joy.

Also I remember a certain character that a lot of people thought would ruin the Bulls core and chemistry. Mr. Rodman anyone? How did that turn out?

Noah's isn't get brainwashed by anyone. He's his own man. Rose on the other hand will just side by everyone's side.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #79
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Good point. Thing is it would have to be a max contract or close to it for a max contract. Does Toronto want to pay Lee that kind of money?
No idea, maybe Vince can comment on it.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
You done? I personally don't mind what LeBron said and don't see what the big deal is anyway. If we wanna read into stuff like everyone has been doing on this series, maybe he meant three bad playoff games? LeBron has carried that team since he got there, he didn't show up in Game 5 and he got bent over for it. He should get criticized for it, but people took it to an extreme that it didn't have to go.

No having the best player on your team doesn't gurantee you anything but history has done a pretty good job of showing us that the team with the highly accepted best player in the world is going to contend for titles. LeBron, Kobe, Shaq, Jordan, Bird, Magic, Russell, Wilt the list is long and they all end in rings except one so far. To say you don't want the best player in the world on your team is outrageous.
Lebron can't take the good with the bad. When he's winning, he is taking pictures. When he's losing, he can't shake the winners hand. History tells us that the team with the best player in the world, and with the biggest ego will not win a championship. The list is surprising as long, Kobe, Shaq, Jordan, Wilt, Kareem. Bottom line, players don't win championships, teams do.

Last edited by elprez98; 05-14-2010 at 01:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »