Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2010, 02:02 AM   #8033
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Cleveland Coach says STFU to LeBron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineBakes
via Lebrons twitter
Lol @ "Continuing MY greatness" somehow equaling the rest of the team.

Whatever. These things get way too picked apart anyways.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:11 AM   #8034
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Lol @ "Continuing MY greatness" somehow equaling the rest of the team.

Whatever. These things get way too picked apart anyways.
Agree.

Was good to see Lebron have one of "those" games at the Q, TBH. I'll miss that the most.

Im just glad that CLE represented themselves well. Besides a couple signs that went overboard, I thought the fans did a great job not going as far as we could have...although the Cavs PATHETIC performance helped diffuse the crowd. I thought we'd for sure see thrown batteries and stoppages...in retrospect, we shoulda pelted our own bench.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:19 AM   #8035
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Agree.

Was good to see Lebron have one of "those" games at the Q, TBH. I'll miss that the most.

Im just glad that CLE represented themselves well. Besides a couple signs that went overboard
, I thought the fans did a great job not going as far as we could have...although the Cavs PATHETIC performance helped diffuse the crowd. I thought we'd for sure see thrown batteries and stoppages...in retrospect, we shoulda pelted our own bench.
Seriously it was good to see. That whole media blitz last week had me down on Lebron's season thus far and I was just watching youtube videos of his games last year hoping he would get back to that somehow, this game was vintage Bron and really fun to watch.

Part of me still misses those Cleveland fans though when watching these Heat games. The fans do deserve a winner and it was just a joy to watch the Q when it was jumping and the Cavs were winning with Lebron. Couldn't help but have a bittersweet feeling at times during tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2010, 02:21 AM   #8036
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: The LeBron James Thread

Quote:
This team is not last years team. Different front office, different coach, different players.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...son-cle-3.html

Again, it was "computing" fine for you before the meltdown, no? It's kinda crazy dissing CLE and the supporting cast all the time when you never took the stance beforehand, mang. Carry on tho, lol.
Thought I was the only one that noticed that on here LOL
Old 12-03-2010, 03:46 AM   #8037
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Bron and KG...just misunderstood.
Oh I see what you did there.

Does it anger anyone else that Cleveland has a fan base that actually cares and they get s*** on while Miami has like one of the worst fan bases and they get 3 superstars? That has nothing to do with why I hate Lebron, but I just feel so bad for Cleveland and watching Miami's home games is just depressing when they like don't even cheer for Wade and Lebron (and Bosh).
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 12-03-2010, 03:49 AM   #8038
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Oh I see what you did there.

Does it anger anyone else that Cleveland has a fan base that actually cares and they get s*** on while Miami has like one of the worst fan bases and they get 3 superstars? That has nothing to do with why I hate Lebron, but I just feel so bad for Cleveland and watching Miami's home games is just depressing when they like don't even cheer for Wade and Lebron (and Bosh).
It is sad. Miami is such a terrible sports city. They didn't even sell out their last home game. How do you not sell out with James, Wade, and Bosh? It's ridiculous.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-03-2010, 04:26 AM   #8039
jsg
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFRMIC$
i know that guy, lol

Last edited by jsg; 12-03-2010 at 04:29 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:43 AM   #8040
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
Just a quick question for Clevelanders:
Have you ever been made fun of?

Friends got jokes all the time, right? It's all good when it's just you and a couple homies talking crap. Like that Captain Morgan's commercial with the 4 guys sitting around the sofa cracking on each other. Good fun, no emotions. Put that same conversation at a crowded restaraunt or bar with a bunch of fine ladies around. Suddenly, the dude catching the hairline and fat jokes isn't as accepting of the ridicule. If all the females were laughing and pointing at him, he's be pissed, guaranteed...even if the jokes were exactly the same. A part of being embarrassed is predicated on the volume of people who are making fun of you. C'mon son, lol...you've been there.

Bron cracked on us, and dissed us. Left our franchise in the worst possible situation you can leave a team in...all the while pumping up our hopes. He referenced our pain by naming "The Decision" in a way that coincided with our past. OK, that all hurts bad enough. But to purposely get on stage and make sure you gather up a huge audience before you stick that knife in? Wow. One douchebag making an innappropriate sign doesn't reflect on a city. It's one individual sending a message to another. LeBron inviting the world in to ridicule my entire city...that's embarrassing. He didn't have to talk smack...just teasing us publically only to drop a building on us is joke enough for the peolpe laughing.

Announcing early in FA that he planned to leave would have been a story. Basketball fans would have digested it first, then sports fans in general, and eventually the wider world over a period of weeks. Nah, LeBron made sure EVERYONE, including people who don't even follow basketball or sports in general were paying attention while he delivered the fat jokes. Made sure everyone would be talking about it the next day. Made sure all the tired "Cleveland is a dump" cliches and snickering at CLE's sports misery striking yet again is THE story around the whole world.

Even on here you see it on OS...vitriol aimed at CLE by people I would wager have never been here, and only care to comment cuz they've been sucked into the totally predictable backlash to the backlash. Do you go on different websites tho? Do you know what it's like to literally have millions of people pointing and laughing at you and your city? I'm born and raised here. They're talking about my streets. My restaraunts. My family and friends. LeBron and co. followed through on this debacle with no regard to how it made us look. Is it "teh wurst thing evar? Lol, nah. But it does annoy a Clevelander as much as e-crap can, I guess. It really does suck to know your franchise will be stuck in the mud for half a decade, but that's another subject.

I will say this tho...I really believe in my heart that when "The Decision" was conceived, the parties involved expected it to be CLE, and by the time he had actually decided, it was too late. This was Maverick's baby, and Bron wasn't going to pull that rug out from under a real freind, just to spare the feelings of a town he had an inferiority complex against anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »