Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2010, 10:58 PM   #945
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: The Official "Where is LeBron going?" Thread

Dislimb in full ***** mode in this thread.

I'm still LOL'ing at whoever said the Clips are a title contender with LeBron. Come on. It's the Clippers, they have no coach and the worst owner in professional sports.

Plus, they have little talent outside of Gordon and Griffin, who has never played a single game in the NBA. Davis would be a disaster next to LeBron and Kaman is decent.

Title contenders though...come on, son.

Urban Meyer is a god.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #946
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

Bornindamecca and Ehh, thanks.

I'm assuming that if Bron goes to NY, he's taking another max guy with him (Bosh/Amar'e)? What if another team (Miami/Chicago/Cleveland) was to work out a sign and trade for one of those players? Would that make them a contender?

I guess it's still all up in the air, like Bornindamecca said.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:47 PM   #947
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
Bornindamecca and Ehh, thanks.

I'm assuming that if Bron goes to NY, he's taking another max guy with him (Bosh/Amar'e)? What if another team (Miami/Chicago/Cleveland) was to work out a sign and trade for one of those players? Would that make them a contender?

I guess it's still all up in the air, like Bornindamecca said.
Variables of an improbable or unforseen sign and trade would possibly change things, but it depends on the team. I don't think Miami can do anything besides Wade+another guy, because they have to pay Wade. So that situation depends on whether you think Lebron+Wade is a great fit. I don't, for the most part. Certainly not compared to either of those guys plus one of the bigs that are available.

With Cleveland, they'd have to get rid of Jamison to get a big. Now I do think that Cleveland can swing something to get Joe Johnson, but we have to see how that all shakes out. I could see them shipping out Hickson and Williams/West for JJ. Think is for me, I think JJ is fool's gold. He can shoot, and that's good, but he is voted Most Likely to Disappear in the Playoffs out of the class of Team USA.

I don't see a scenario where Chicago can sign Lebron and Bosh. It may be possible, but we'll have to see. But again, that wild Kwame for Gasol type stuff can happen for anyone, and that will change the picture. As it is right now, all of the teams are in the same relative position, in terms of what they will be over the course of the next 2-3 years.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:42 AM   #948
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Never said it wasn't and I'm certainly not arguing that.
Gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Don't forget Jamison.
I didn't forget him, but we all saw how he played down the stretch when the season was on the line. Calling him a liability on defense would be an understatement and with the way that the Cavs were built, you just can't have someone that bad on defense on the court for 30+ minutes a game. Plus, he has two years left on his terrible contract so the Cavs are stuck with him for at least this coming season barring a miracle and/or some collusion of some sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Dislimb in full ***** mode in this thread.
Why? Because I am just one of the more than 75% of the posters on this forum that are predicting that LeBron will leave? Or was it that I said that right now Rose/Noah is a better duo than Mo/Shaq (which they are) or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
I'm still LOL'ing at whoever said the Clips are a title contender with LeBron.
I agree with you 100% there. Any team LeBron plays for next year will make the playoffs (book it) but if he ended up on the Clippers they would still be far from championship contenders.

The fact of the matter is, if LeBron truly wants to win, the last thing he should do is go to the Western Conference. If he leaves Cleveland for the West, that leaves Orlando and an aging Boston squad (ironically, the last two teams to send him home) as the only two immediate threats on a playoff run in the East. There are many more obstacles in the West you'd have to contend with.

Last edited by 55; 06-17-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:50 AM   #949
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I've said all along that this is why Chicago makes absolutely no sense for him. In NY or NJ he gets an All-Star 20 & 10 big man. Pretty obvious that that's the Robin he needs to win titles..

Kobe-Pau
Kobe-Shaq
PP-Garnett
Duncan-Ginobilli/Parker
Wade-Shaq
Magic-Kareem
Bird-McHale/Parish (two HOF bigs are better than one lol)

This ain't rocket science, outside of MJ's Bulls and the Pistons every other championship team in history had a great big man. I think we all know that LBJ isn't MJ, no matter how much the media wants to push that.

He doesn't get that big Chicago. I love Rose's game but he's about as bad of a #2 as you can have for LBJ in terms of fit.
See the problem I see with this thinking is you're looking at NJ or NY strictly from a talent point of view. None of the teams in serious contention here have guys with the intangibles that Noah and Rose have. You're talking about a 20 and 10 guy for those teams but how many of them are 20 and 10 guys in the playoffs? Antwan Jamison is a 20 and 10 guy during the regular season too, how'd that work out for him in the playoffs this year? How's 15 and 7 grab ya? What makes Chicago a good choice and someplace to keep an eye on is that they have proven guys. There are guys on that team that you know you can count on in the playoffs because they've been doing it there already. Noah isn't quite 20 and 10 but he's getting there. He averaged 10 and 13 last year in the playoffs (his first postseason appearance) and 14 and 13 this year while not at 100 percent. If they keep Deng he averaged 22 and 8 in his previous postseason appearance and 18 and 5 this year, while nursing a calf and knee injury.

We're also still ignoring the fact that the Bulls could possibly acquire Bosh in a sign and trade and have that 20 and 10 All-Star big you've deemed so important. Also the Bulls are already a pretty good defensive team, with Thibbs on board now, they'll probably be even better. That'll go a long way in making up for any scoring problems anyone thinks they may have with LeBron on the squad which I'm telling you won't be the case with someone the caliber of Bron on the floor.

Honestly all our biased posts in this thread are hilarious. I know I've been ridiculously pro Bulls and I see alot of posts that are pretty ridiculous on the other sides. Like why does everyone make an issue about LeBron playing for a coach with NBA experience, but then he apparently doesn't give a crap if he plays with players with little to no postseason experience? Why is it when the case is made for LeBron staying in Cleveland then the weakness of the new East is brought up for why Cleveland won't go through the same struggles they always do, yet the Bulls with LeBron somehow have no chance in that same weak new East?
Old 06-17-2010, 02:03 AM   #950
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

I just don't get why anyone thinks he's staying in Cleveland.

2 months ago, I thought he was probably staying for 2 reasons, winning, and loyalty to his teammates and the organization.

But since then, the Cavs flamed out in the playoffs and have very little flexibility to get better. And Lebron has seemed completely detached to the organization since then. In the playoffs he seemed like he was already preparing to leave his teammates. And he refused to talk to someone the Cavs were interviewing and offering huge money to be the next coach. The whole time he's been in Cleveland he has flirted with NY, and talked about the summer of 2010.

It's biased, but I think he's coming to New York. But I at least get why people think he'll go to Chicago. But I have no idea why anyone thinks he wants to stay with Cleveland. I have them third behind NY and Chicago, but I think those are the only contenders. If NJ had won the lottery I'd have them ahead of Cleveland. If the Clippers didn't have one of the worst owners I'd have them ahead of Cleveland too. What has Lebron done recently, or even in his whole career that makes people think he wants to stay in Cleveland?
Old 06-17-2010, 02:07 AM   #951
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
See the problem I see with this thinking is you're looking at NJ or NY strictly from a talent point of view. None of the teams in serious contention here have guys with the intangibles that Noah and Rose have. You're talking about a 20 and 10 guy for those teams but how many of them are 20 and 10 guys in the playoffs? Antwan Jamison is a 20 and 10 guy during the regular season too, how'd that work out for him in the playoffs this year? How's 15 and 7 grab ya? What makes Chicago a good choice and someplace to keep an eye on is that they have proven guys. There are guys on that team that you know you can count on in the playoffs because they've been doing it there already. Noah isn't quite 20 and 10 but he's getting there. He averaged 10 and 13 last year in the playoffs (his first postseason appearance) and 14 and 13 this year while not at 100 percent. If they keep Deng he averaged 22 and 8 in his previous postseason appearance and 18 and 5 this year, while nursing a calf and knee injury.
You have players that have lost in the first round of the playoffs. Let's not act like you have guys who have won championships before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 02:10 AM   #952
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
They started talking about him going to NY years ago, but Lebron didn't.
Lebron has done a lot to hint at the Knicks. He may or may not end up here, but he has done a ton to cause the NY media to speculate about him coming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »