Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2010, 02:21 AM   #113
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: The Official "Where is LeBron going?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
You mean your choice of the words TRUE BIG MAN after words. You didn't ever say that in the original post. Anyway how the hell does Garnett not have the size/bulk to play center but Gasol does? They're both the same frame, Gasol is 7' 250, Garnett is 6'11" 253 and Garnett is clearly the better player than Gasol. And what the hell does Webber being a "losing player" have to do with whether or not he's the most skilled big man since Dream? Get outta here with that nonsense trying to condition the choices.
What about you're ridiculous assertion that the Magic aren't a good defensive team, when in fact they are the BEST defensive team?
Old 05-15-2010, 02:41 AM   #114
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
What about you're ridiculous assertion that the Magic aren't a good defensive team, when in fact they are the BEST defensive team?
I didn't say they weren't a good defensive team, but it's not like shutting down Gasol was something they had much hope of doing, especially with Kobe dropping 30 every night.

You wanna cite WHY the are the best defensive team? That based on points allowed or what? Cause I can tell you right now they aren't.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:42 AM   #115
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

On topic: I picked Jersey. Jersey covers everything except being able to give him a Team USA member right away. However, with the first draft pick(possibly) and Devin Harris, the Nets could wind up in a very favorable situation regarding sign and trades. I could see them packaging Lee and Harris in a sign and trade for someone awesome. Also, not getting the first draft pick could be a blessing in disguise. Without the pressure of having to pass on John Wall, they could wind up with the top PF in the draft, have him be a BEAST and with Harris, Bron, Draft Pick and Brook, they'd have a serious, serious squad from jump.

Plus, that owner is so rich, I could see him wooing Lebron with visions of grandeur. "You want to be a billionaire? Allow me to teach you...bwah ha ha ha ha"

So yeah, I think Jersey. Shoot, if I were Bron, I might go to Jersey/Brooklyn. In two/three years, you might be having your cake and eating it too, getting what you could have gotten out of Chicago and New York(manhattan).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2010, 02:56 AM   #116
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

I picked New York for the same reasons TMagic said. NY also has a pair of 2nd round picks. I also expect them to trade or buy a first round pick. They're not in a bad position at all.

I could see: Rodriguez, Douglas, Gallo, Chandler, Walker, House (D'antoni loves him) all coming back. Throw in a couple of rookies and that's enough to have a decent supporting cast. Then of course we don't know what happens to David Lee or Eddy Curry. There's still a chance Chris Paul could be made available as well.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 05-15-2010, 07:05 AM   #117
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: The Official where is LeBron going thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
Garnett maybe. C-Webb? Thats a joke. Dude was ultra talented, but he was also mentally weak (Timeout!) and shrunk in big spots. Also, those guys didn't have the size/bulk to play center like Gasol does now, except if they went with a small lineup. Gasol can play the 4 or the 5 equally well, depending on the matchup.
Webber mentally week because of a mistake he made when he was 20? Because 20 year olds have everything wire tight at all times.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #118
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...onx_for_l.html

New Yorker tweets on Prez Ruben Diaz Jr.'s page: Change boro name to LeBronx for LeBron James!

Yes, somehow that is actually a real article, a real story the DN felt it had to report on.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:59 AM   #119
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...onx_for_l.html

New Yorker tweets on Prez Ruben Diaz Jr.'s page: Change boro name to LeBronx for LeBron James!

Yes, somehow that is actually a real article, a real story the DN felt it had to report on.
Doesnt "Le" means "The" in some language???

Either way this is stupid and like a quote in the article says, "this boro is bigger than one person" its soo much history involving "The Bronx"
Old 05-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #120
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: The Official where is LeBron going thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Well, according to half the people on OS New York City adds nothing of value for LeBron. So I guess Jersey wouldn't take away anything based on that logic. So chin up!
Nobody is saying that.

If Lebron wants the big city life then moving to New York, Chicago, or LA would be the smart move. However, you guys aren't using that line of thought; you're claiming that if he goes to New York he'll somehow become a much bigger star like it's 1935 and people outside of New York have to wait 3 weeks for news.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »