Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2010, 01:00 AM   #1209
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: The Official "Where is LeBron going?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I disagree with that as of now, it may change of Thibbs posts up LeBron a lot. It's extremely rare that a team wins an NBA title without a consistent low post scoring threat. You're in a much better situation with Bosh and trying to fill the roster with shooters than if you have JJ and are trying to find post scoring IMO.

According to Kully, Chicago is still $2-3M short of two max slots because of the cap holders for the empty roster slots. So I'm not sure if LBJ is a lock just yet for Chicago because I don't see any of the big FA's (including JJ) taking less than the max.

I do imagine that Chicago will find a way to free up that extra space though and LeBron will be a Bull.
I'm curious to see how.

If they find a way to move James Johnson for a future pick, that still doesn't add up to that 2.2m difference. Only way this gets done is Deng gets moved and they take some kind of perimeter players back that have that 2.2m difference.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:05 AM   #1210
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
I feel the same way and there will be someone out there that will throw max money at him.
Someone as in the Knicks when they find out LeBron and Bosh are chillin' in Miami/Chicago.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:07 AM   #1211
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Yeah that's a good point. Right now they only have Deng, Rose, Noah, Gibson and James Johnson on the books. If they can't move Deng they'd have to find a way to give away Gibson and Johnson.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 01:11 AM   #1212
MVP

OVR: 15

Am I wrong in thinking that you are allowed to go over the cap to sign veteran minimum deals? So if Chicago got to 56.2 with the core mentioned above, they could just go and sign like 5 or 6 or even rookies they drafted to minimum deals and would then be allowed to go over the cap? Or is there some clause in the CBA that goes against it?
Old 06-25-2010, 01:11 AM   #1213
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

It's crazy to me that they wouldn't be willing to take $1.1 million less each to team up in Chicago, if that's what they want to do.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:12 AM   #1214
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom1990
Am I wrong in thinking that you are allowed to go over the cap to sign veteran minimum deals? So if Chicago got to 56.2 with the core mentioned above, they could just go and sign like 5 or 6 or even rookies they drafted to minimum deals and would then be allowed to go over the cap? Or is there some clause in the CBA that goes against it?
You're only allowed to sign one MLE a season.

You can sign as many NBDL and rookie players as you want though for the minimum.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:15 AM   #1215
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
It's crazy to me that they wouldn't be willing to take $1.1 million less each to team up in Chicago, if that's what they want to do.
There's always that superficial status thing. It's like people having to have the newest iPhone or whatever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 01:16 AM   #1216
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
For real, hell the two star FA's could agree to split the $1.1M difference and Player A just cuts Player B a check for $550k.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »