Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #1241
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The Official "Where is LeBron going?" Thread

Looking back... How lucky are bulls that they landed Rose in that lottery?

Seriously, without Rose they would be the worst team in the NBA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #1242
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

That 1.7% chance *might just equal a dynasty.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:29 PM   #1243
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Who was suppose to land Rose that year? I dont remember.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #1244
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineBakes
In hindsight that's very poor dealing by the Cavaliers, for the past couple of years they've had so much flexibility with there roster during off-seasons(which Danny Ferry has done a great job at) and now the biggest summer of all they are basically sitting ducks. Poor situation.
They did everything in their power to improve "now." Who wouldn't have made that Antawn Jamison move? That's the one that really hurts their flexibility this summer, but I think you have to make those deals when an owner like Dan Gilbert OK'ed it. Why? Because of all this uncertainty about LeBron. I'd rather go for the title when you know you can than leave anything for chance.

Now, that right there makes it a shame if LeBron leaves Cleveland. That franchise has done everything in its power to win. Yet Cleveland gets so discredited because Chicago and Miami can bring in two max players. As Ric Bucher said, Cleveland had the best record the last two years. They also were at their best with the roster that's slated to come back (that means without Shaq and Z).

LeBron has just as good of a chance to win next year in Cleveland as anywhere. And once that window starts to close, the Cavaliers will have flexibility to bring in new talent with LeBron.

Last edited by brahmagoul; 06-25-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Quote coding
Old 06-25-2010, 02:01 PM   #1245
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
Who wouldn't have made that Antawn Jamison move?
Me.

I didn't like the Jamison move from the start, and then got sucked into the hype after the fact.

It was a stupid trade and Ferry convinced himself that Jamison "fit better" than Amar'e.

It's why Ferry is on the unemployment line.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #1246
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

OSU, I'm going to look up the thread where Jamison got traded, to see what you said. I'll be back.

1. How much of that regular season success was due purely because of James' brilliance? I would wager more than a lot that you couldn't just plop any other SG or SF in that situation, and that if you did, CLE would struggle to have home court advantage in the first round.

They built around James the best they could, but it all goes back to the fact that they had not much to work with at the beginning of the LBJ era. So it was more of makeshift moves to get help "now" as you put it. That sentiment I agree with, it's sooooo obvious that you do the Jamison deal at that point. You had to risk it, Jamison could have finally been his Robin. Alas he's not, he's more of a third wheel.

2. No, CLE doesn't have just a good a chance as ORL or BOS [if they stay together]. They aren't far behind if they keep James, but they aren't on that level at all from top to bottom, coaches and players.

I've been repeating this exact post for a while now so it's pointless to keep this up, I apologize.

As I've said, James masks a lot of problems, because he is simply that good. The regular season means nothing, James is the perfect regular season player. He has a lot of issues [giving up in the playoffs for some inexplicable reason] and once the bright lights hit, the bigger issues of his teammates/coaches were exposed.

Just because "they had the best record two years in a row" doesn't mean they have an acceptable cast of characters. What it shows is how good James was during the regular season.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #1247
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Me.

I didn't like the Jamison move from the start, and then got sucked into the hype after the fact.

It was a stupid trade and Ferry convinced himself that Jamison "fit better" than Amar'e.

It's why Ferry is on the unemployment line.
I have no facts but I'm pretty sure LBJ and Shaq's presence had more to do with Jamison over Amare than anything. Even still, it's hilarious that people are acting like Jamison's a dud. It's always a crap shoot that a new player will gel immediately... he didn't. In that offense, I'm not surprised. Only a spot up jump shooter could jump right into that offense and have success. I think he still has value if LBJ stays. He can't play D... but everybody knew that already. Honestly, Amare's D is pretty suspect too.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #1248
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I have no facts but I'm pretty sure LBJ and Shaq's presence had more to do with Jamison over Amare than anything. Even still, it's hilarious that people are acting like Jamison's a dud. It's always a crap shoot that a new player will gel immediately... he didn't. In that offense, I'm not surprised. Only a spot up jump shooter could jump right into that offense and have success. I think he still has value if LBJ stays. He can't play D... but everybody knew that already. Honestly, Amare's D is pretty suspect too.
Are we going to have this same discussion all over again?

Jamison is far from a dud, still not sure who said he was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »