Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #1313
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: The Official "Where is LeBron going?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
So have the Bulls.
You mean where they drafted a top point guard and unfortunately he got into a motorcycle accident?

Or are you referring to the part where they drafted another top NBA point guard which is playing at all star level?

Bulls have had 5 seasons of at least .500. Yes the first years were a disaster but that is expected when you lose your HC and almost the entire roster from the previous year.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:59 PM   #1314
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
The latter part of the decade, the Bulls have had decent results.

Not sure if you have a grasp of the definition of "complete failure".
I didn't mean complete failure, but I did quote it so I stand corrected. But the Bulls haven't been anything to be proud of, either.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:59 PM   #1315
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
You're "iffing" history that actually happened and happened for a reason.

I just don't think the Bulls have that certain "something" to go back to another Jordan era. I'm not a soothsayer. LeBron may sign with Chicago. But past history gives doubt. And that was more recent to the Jordan era.
You mean because the previous class skipped on them? The class of T-Mac and Duncan? The Bulls had nothing other than cap space. They weren't winning before and they had nothing to win with to entice anyone. Plus they had Krause. He's now gone.

Yes the Bulls won because of Jordan. But the Lakers won because of Kobe. Shaq. Magic. I just don't see the argument there.

No one is saying the Bulls will go back to a Jordan like era. That's not what this discussion is even about. You mentioned the Bulls aren't getting anyone other than Boozer or JJ. You made no argument why other than saying Chicago was nothing before MJ and is nothing after him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #1316
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
I didn't mean complete failure, but I did quote it so I stand corrected. But the Bulls haven't been anything to be proud of, either.
True.

That will be changing here shortly, I would wager.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #1317
P2K
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
You mean where they drafted a top point guard and unfortunately he got into a motorcycle accident?

Or are you referring to the part where they drafted another top NBA point guard which is playing at all star level?

Bulls have had 5 seasons of at least .500. Yes the first years were a disaster but that is expected when you lose your HC and almost the entire roster from the previous year.

Okay. But this doesn't make your team more prestigious or visible than the Knicks.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #1318
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Okay. But this doesn't make your team more prestigious or visible than the Knicks.
But it doesn't make them any less because of the past. Same goes for NY and whoever else. No free agent is going to care what the Knicks or Bulls did in the 80's.

New York is the bigger market but Chicago is not small either. We're talking about the bigger cities in the US here among a couple others. The fact that the Bulls have Rose, Noah, Deng, Gibson and almost the ability to sign two max agents has to give them a heads up against other teams. Does that mean that LBJ and Bosh are locked to come here? No.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #1319
P2K
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
You mean because the previous class skipped on them? The class of T-Mac and Duncan? The Bulls had nothing other than cap space. They weren't winning before and they had nothing to win with to entice anyone. Plus they had Krause. He's now gone.

Yes the Bulls won because of Jordan. But the Lakers won because of Kobe. Shaq. Magic. I just don't see the argument there.
And Mikan, Baylor, West, Goodrich, Abdul-Jabbar, Worthy.....you see where I'm going here?
Old 06-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #1320
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
And Mikan, Baylor, West, Goodrich, Abdul-Jabbar, Worthy.....you see where I'm going here?
But we're not talking about LBJ going to LAL are we? I've already stated that LAL and Boston are and probably always will be the two most prestigious teams in the league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »