Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #1329
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34
Re: The Official "Where is LeBron going?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
WTH does this even mean? Iffing history that happened for a reason? The Spurs didn't win a championship until the Duncan era but you have no problem with that era making the franchise the greatness that it is. The Sixers haven't won a championship since J and they had Wilt for a cup of coffee you can't even try to say they have this amazing string of superstar after superstar. The Knicks haven't won a championship since the early 70's but they somehow have some long history that they can sell free agents on outside of come to New York cause it's New York?
The Iceman and David Robinson were nobodies?

Dolph Schayes, Hal Greer, Billy C? Moses, Barkley and Iverson?

Yeah, okay.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #1330
P2K
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
What's your point? Seriously, so what. If landing superstar players was as easy as you're trying to make it, everyone would be amazing.
Which is my point. Not every team can do it. Money or no money.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #1331
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
The Iceman and David Robinson were nobodies?

Dolph Schayes, Hal Greer, Billy C? Moses, Barkley and Iverson?

Yeah, okay.
What did they win? Nothing. Your franchise isn't measured by the names that have played for it, it's measured by the championships. The Lakers and Celtics aren't where they are just cause of the guys that wore the uniforms, it's because of the championships they won and it's exactly why those guys are the legends they are. You even put Iverson on that list, are you kidding me? So Iverson is part of what makes the Sixers a storied franchise? Give me a break. I didn't say Iceman and D-Rob were nobodies but they didn't do what they were supposed to do for their team, win championships. I also like how you count Wilt's role players but not Scottie for the Bulls right?

The Bulls have 6 championships, 6 conference titles, 7 division titles and 29 playoff appearances in their 44 year history, I'd say that's pretty good for one of the league's younger franchises.

Last edited by King_B_Mack; 06-26-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 11:00 PM   #1332
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Not that it matters or anything but supposedly, the Nets are going to be the first team to meet with Lebron in Ohio on July 1. Prokhorov, Averah, Jay-Z, and Rod Thorn will be there to meet with him.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #1333
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

I think that it is best not to speculate where lebron is going at this point. Yes this is possibly the biggest happening NBA history but what is all this speculation going to prove? for every statement that some one makes there is a corresponding counter statement. There are so many example to list that it would take me hours to finnish this post. You can argue all you want but when it comes down to it, Lebron like every other free agent, will sign with some team and there is nothing you can do about. I don't know if i am the only one who is sick of this whole "where is he going" issue for the past 3 years. Is Lebron the only game changing free agent in the class this year? no there are a few great players who could change a team not just Lebron. I understand he is the greatest player in the NBA (pains me to say that), but everyone just needs to shut there mouths on this issue. If he signs with the bulls he signs with the bulls. if he comes to NY he comes to NY. like i said before nothing we can do about it. for the most part this entire thread is senseless arguments that will not affect the spectrum of free agency at all. Hell I'm exited to for this free agency class too but you don't see me jumping up and down spewing out nonsense on why lebron should come to [Insert City Name here]. also this whole "where is lebron going" debate has taken away from many achievements in the entire sports realm such as the longest tennis match ever played. I am not one for the game of tennis but it was an historic moment in sports and for the most part no one seems to care. Let it die down a bit guys, Lebron like every other free agent will sign with a team and will have an impact on said team for X amount of years.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:37 PM   #1334
P2K
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Not that it matters or anything but supposedly, the Nets are going to be the first team to meet with Lebron in Ohio on July 1. Prokhorov, Averah, Jay-Z, and Rod Thorn will be there to meet with him.
If Lebron is a Net, make them go back to these...

Old 06-27-2010, 12:40 AM   #1335
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....-agent_ex.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2010, 02:02 AM   #1336
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
No. Enlighten me to when the knicks have had a chance in the past 10 years.
Don't think they have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »