Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2018, 02:21 PM   #14593
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: The LeBron James Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Crazy that this is going to basically be a wasted year of LeBron at 34 years old.. Lakers don't have too much longer to make some sort of move to compete.
Honestly it's ok.

He's committed completely for 3 years for sure right? 2019 is looking more like when (if*) the bigger available names free up.

I'd like to see LeBron with our youngsters Zo, Kuz, BI, & Hart. Assuming they all stay throughout the season and no more trades go down. Despite the world collectively gasping at Boogie joining the empire. I'm looking forward to the Lakers this season, it's gonna be fun.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:58 PM   #14594
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
The LeBron James Thread

I don’t understand what they’re doing. They sign LeBron and follow that up Rondo, Lance, McGee? They’re going to get more techs than FG’s. I’m going to assume they’re not done making deals though.

And even though it’s looking like a 100% lock GS wins it all again, you can’t just throw in the towel... anything can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by z Revis; 07-03-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:14 PM   #14595
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
Honestly it's ok.

He's committed completely for 3 years for sure right? 2019 is looking more like when (if*) the bigger available names free up.

I'd like to see LeBron with our youngsters Zo, Kuz, BI, & Hart. Assuming they all stay throughout the season and no more trades go down. Despite the world collectively gasping at Boogie joining the empire. I'm looking forward to the Lakers this season, it's gonna be fun.
I'm not disagreeing, it's just going to be really strange to see a wasted year of LeBron, that's just something nobody would have ever expected to see. He could be part of a first round exit club for the first time in his career. Just new territory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2018, 03:48 PM   #14596
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I'm not disagreeing, it's just going to be really strange to see a wasted year of LeBron, that's just something nobody would have ever expected to see. He could be part of a first round exit club for the first time in his career. Just new territory.
Not that much more wasted than last season with the Cavs. At least the Lakers have some good playmakers to help him out this time. And he likely won't hurt his finals record, win.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:10 PM   #14597
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Not that much more wasted than last season with the Cavs. At least the Lakers have some good playmakers to help him out this time. And he likely won't hurt his finals record, win.
Can't lose in the Finals if you don't make it there Vni. Chess not checkers.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:16 PM   #14598
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

If we were getting Miami age LeBron, I be thinking "Championships or bust, bitches", but the over 54,000 career total minutes LeBron, I just want to see some solid playoff runs and no passive-aggressive social media drama. I know that I'm in the minority with that opinion.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:45 PM   #14599
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I don’t understand what they’re doing. They sign LeBron and follow that up Rondo, Lance, McGee? They’re going to get more techs than FG’s. I’m going to assume they’re not done making deals though.

And even though it’s looking like a 100% lock GS wins it all again, you can’t just throw in the towel... anything can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Yeah, I got to think they likely arent done. The 1st thing I wondered when I saw that they signed Rondo was, could it be that they may consider moving Lonzo. I doubt they will, but I thought maybe they had enough of Lavar after 1 yr,lol.

Does seem odd to add both Rondo and Lance to pair with Lebron, since Lebron teams are at their best when they surround Lebron with shooters instead of playmakers. So adding both of them along with Lonzo, seems kind of odd when none of them are good perimeter shooters. Although I do think Lonzo's shooting will get better, and with Lebron he will likely get more open shots.

I had to laugh when I saw that they signed Lance, Im going to miss seeing Lance annoying Lebron, as you always knew when we played Lebron, that there would be 2 shows, the regular game, and the game Lance would play to annoy Lebron.
I was surprised that we didnt keep Lance, for all his antics, he was a key piece. So I was disappointed that we didnt keep Lance.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 07-03-2018, 05:22 PM   #14600
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
Can't lose in the Finals if you don't make it there Vni. Chess not checkers.

Yeah that's what I mean.

I'am really excited and surprised (in a good way) that Lebron came because he put the lakers back in the picture but at the moment I don't really see how we (eat that dub) are going to win a championship in the next couple of years. Will see though, might be a huge off season next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »