Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2019, 11:02 AM   #14905
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The LeBron James Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
It's sad to see him now. That accomplishment should have been in a place that actually meant something to his career. Be it in Cleveland or Miami, it was sad to see his accomplishment being celebrated while he's being catcalled and ignored.

Freakin sucks man. Having to see him play in front of fans that neither appreciate him or want him to succeed is just wrong. I really hope this isn't how his career ends, fade away into obscurity while LA fans generally ignore and hate on him. But, according to Rich, this is what he wanted. He wanted to play for Magic, he wanted LA. But really, how much longer is he going to put up with this trash basketball, trash management, and fans who don't care about him?
Honestly, I don't think he's care too much about stuff like that in awhile.

What's really unfortunate is all the injuries.

with LBJ, BI, Zo they were 15-8 - 65.2%
with just LBJ and Zo 20-14 - 58.8%

I've saw comments here acting like the injuries are some overblown "excuse" but it's a real difference in comparison to how the team looked before and after, how many games they were winning before and after. It's not an excuse, injuries are part of the game and it is what it is, but to act like they didn't have any sort of impact is silly.

If they were still winning at anywhere near that rate and healthy the fan reaction would be a bit different.. Besides the reaction LeBron gets from the celebrity type fans, vs the Kobe-Laker fans are different. LeBron has the support from likely the only group of fans he cares about having support from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2019, 11:05 AM   #14906
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
It's sad to see him now. That accomplishment should have been in a place that actually meant something to his career. Be it in Cleveland or Miami, it was sad to see his accomplishment being celebrated while he's being catcalled and ignored.

Freakin sucks man. Having to see him play in front of fans that neither appreciate him or want him to succeed is just wrong. I really hope this isn't how his career ends, fade away into obscurity while LA fans generally ignore and hate on him. But, according to Rich, this is what he wanted. He wanted to play for Magic, he wanted LA. But really, how much longer is he going to put up with this trash basketball, trash management, and fans who don't care about him?
It's a surreal sight to see what I've seen from some of these Lakers fans, though I'm sure some are more Kobe fans than Lakers fans. Some legitimately feel like they had a higher ceiling without him and wish they would've kept Randle/Lopez instead. The delusion is real.

These same detractors will be ecstatic if they land another big FA this summer, which will only have happened because LeBron came there first.

LeBron ain't perfect and he's had an off-year in many aspects while not being an effective leader...but he deserves better than some of these trash Lakers fans (I'm not calling out anyone on OS in particular just FYI).
Old 03-07-2019, 11:16 AM   #14907
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

It's just weird seeing Cleveland fans talk about Lebron being treated fairly, but I literally saw people saying stuff like, "I hope he packs his bags and leaves and stops hamstringing the organization and manipulating."

Can't we all just agree NBA fans as a whole can be pretty ****ty and "what have you done for me lately" people? Lakers fans are especially bad, but you can't want the man gone and want him back at the same time. I know fatigue with the news beating everyone down with Lebron trade talk wasn't helping.

I know that may not be y'all, but I'm friends with an alarming number of Ohio people online and I see it. It's actually kind of scary.

edit: Also want to add that we all ready knew Lebron was passing MJ and the GOAT discussion has been going on for a long time. This accomplishment doesn't change how I feel about him being one of the best to play the game. If I don't really care from my couch then I don't expect fans to care either when he has almost zero history in LA. Maybe that's the point being made?

Last edited by AUChase; 03-07-2019 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:19 AM   #14908
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

I was ready to rip my hair out dealing with D Rose's fanbase for a single year and he was a shell of himself. I feel for you Lakers fans. 3 more years...
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 03-07-2019, 11:24 AM   #14909
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
I was ready to rip my hair out dealing with D Rose's fanbase for a single year and he was a shell of himself. I feel for you Lakers fans. 3 more years...
You feel bad for arguably the most obnoxious fan base of all NBA teams? Do you forget what they were like when they were winning?

Lol us LeBron fans have a bad rep too though so if anything we deserve each other.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:27 AM   #14910
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Honestly, Lebron + LA is a perfect match to me. They can be miserable and hate each other for as long as they like.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:29 AM   #14911
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Nah, y’all don’t.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2019, 11:32 AM   #14912
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
You feel bad for arguably the most obnoxious fan base of all NBA teams? Do you forget what they were like when they were winning?

Lol us LeBron fans have a bad rep too though so if anything we deserve each other.
When they were winning, Lakers fans treated us the same way every other fanbase did, like our team sucked lol.

No fanbase deserves player fans. I wouldn't wish them even on the Red Sox.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »