Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2010, 10:59 PM   #145
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The Official "Where is LeBron going?" Thread

From a basketball standpoint, Chicago is the only team that makes more sense than Cleveland. And by basketball, I mean the roster and depth.

If he goes to New York, and it's with Bosh -- which is the best free agent I think you could pair with him -- that team would win 50 games and be eliminated in the second round. Still not better than the Cavaliers with LeBron, and wouldn't be for a few years.

The Nets' record this season speaks for itself. Lopez is overrated as is Harris, who might not be there if the Nets land John Wall and the No. 1 pick.

So, if LeBron is going somewhere to win, it's Chicago or Miami, and I have a tough time picturing him with Derrick Rose or Dwyane Wade. All three are facilitators that require the basketball.

Meanwhile in Cleveland, you have a franchise that has bent over backwards for him and will continue to do so. They built a new practice facility in Independence, Ohio, which is literally on the way to The Q from Akron. Plus, Danny Ferry didn't go throw punches at Mike Brown for not playing J.J. Hickson this last series when he could have traded Hickson in an Amare Stoudemire deal.

Come July 8, we're going to find out what kind of guy LeBron truly is ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #146
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

I've changed my vote.

If he wants to win now he'll go to Chicago and NJ can be put in that spot as well. If he wants marking, it will be NY.

I voted Cleveland but the more I think about the more I think he's gone from there.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:32 PM   #147
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

Ya know, considering how this series went with Boston, he very well could just take his player option at the last minute. And we go through all of this for another year!
Old 05-15-2010, 11:38 PM   #148
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
Ya know, considering how this series went with Boston, he very well could just take his player option at the last minute. And we go through all of this for another year!
With the CBA around the corner he will not take a player option. Last thing LBJ wants to have is no contract with a possible lock out looming.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:55 PM   #149
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Especially when the new CBA will be focused on players taking a paycut
Old 05-16-2010, 12:04 AM   #150
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
From a basketball standpoint, Chicago is the only team that makes more sense than Cleveland. And by basketball, I mean the roster and depth.

If he goes to New York, and it's with Bosh -- which is the best free agent I think you could pair with him -- that team would win 50 games and be eliminated in the second round. Still not better than the Cavaliers with LeBron, and wouldn't be for a few years.

The Nets' record this season speaks for itself. Lopez is overrated as is Harris, who might not be there if the Nets land John Wall and the No. 1 pick.
The Cavs went for it this year and didn't come close. They don't have many young players, they don't have cap flexibility or high draft picks. They don't have many opportunities to make their team better next year.

Knicks and Nets both have young players, and cap flexibility. If they Knicks paired him with Bosh and then just filled out their roster with cheap contracts, they could either trade Curry's expiring for another big piece if it comes along, or wait until next year and sign another big free agent. It's not going to be a few years. I agree somewhat that way too many people are hyping up the Nets talent, but Lopez is legit, and that is a huge piece. I think the lottery will have a huge impact on how good a situation that is, and if they are able to create any more cap room.

Lebron could stay with the Cavs and probably have a better team next year, but if they don't make a move that would put them in position to win a championship(s), and I don't think it's likely they will, than what's the point.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:20 AM   #151
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

With two max players, you're going to have little flexibility. And this year's New York pick going to Utah is huge. If the Knicks had a John Wall type coming in, things would be different, but LeBron would be starting over completely in New York.

The reason the Cavaliers fell short was because in the regular season they won in spite of Mike Brown. Against Orlando last year and Boston this year, the difference was him getting out-coached.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2010, 12:21 AM   #152
MVP

OVR: 11

There are 3 teams that LeBron could realistically go to that would be loaded with good young players. First off if the Nets win the lottery, he's going to NJ. Wall, Lebron, Lopez, T-Will and whatever they get for Harris will make them a force.

Secondly, he could go to the Bulls and team with Rose and Noah and whatever they can get for Deng. That would be the foundation of a great team. Also, don't forget that it will be much easier for him to get FA's to come to Chicago than Cleveland. They haven't signed anyone worth a damn since LeBron has been there, most of their pickups came via trade.

Thirdly, the scenario that doesn't get much play, is going to the Clippers. LeBron, Gordon, Griffin and Kaman would form a really good nucleus of young players that complement each other well. They also have a lottery pick this year to add another young guy to the mix.

Only way I can see him going to the Knicks or Miami is if they can find a way to get 3 USA guys on the same roster. Odds aren't good on that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »