Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #1633
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: The Official "Where is LeBron going?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
How do the Cavs offer LBJ a chance at winning any time in the next four years? When Hickson becomes the best PF in the East? I put the Cavs at the bottom of the list for winning - he stays there solely based on loyalty.
I believe after next year they should have some flexibility to sign at least one decent level free agent.

This year with James back, there's no reason they couldn't compete for a ring. I just wouldn't expect them to like I have in the past two years.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:51 PM   #1634
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Because it would be stupid to limit himself to two teams?

Why else would he listen to the Clippers? He's going to listen to anyone with money.

But, IMO, no teams offer LeBron a better chance at winning now and in the future than the Bulls and Cavaliers *and I am discounting the Heat because they cannot afford 3 max deals, and with all due respect, these guys are not stupid. They want that money.*
I love how the KNICKS always get left-out, but in reality the KNICKS have as good of a chance as anyone to win now & in the future if they get LEBRON & another MAX Player. Nice young players, expiring contract still on the books. Owner who is willing to pay the luxary tax if needed.

Sounds appealing to me

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 06-30-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:51 PM   #1635
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Because it would be stupid to limit himself to two teams?

Why else would he listen to the Clippers? He's going to listen to anyone with money.

But, IMO, no teams offer LeBron a better chance at winning now and in the future than the Bulls and Cavaliers *and I am discounting the Heat because they cannot afford 3 max deals, and with all due respect, these guys are not stupid. They want that money.*
I can understand the Bulls, but what about the Cavaliers gives him a good chance to win now or in the future? The reason for him to stay with the Cavs would be because it's where his home is and where his heart is, but he's been with this team the last seven years, and has no rings. If I'm not mistaken, if LeBron stays, the Cavs will be slightly over the luxury tax threshold, and therefore in no position to sign new players. And that's if they use the mid level exception. So there is no reason to think that the Cavaliers will be any better this year than they were last year, and they didn't win then, so I'm not understanding where you're getting that they give him the best chance to win.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #1636
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
I believe after next year they should have some flexibility to sign at least one decent level free agent.
Not without moving Mo, Jamison or Raggedy Ann. If they resign LBJ they'll have about $60m on the books going into 2011-2012.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 06-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #1637
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Reinsdorf, Forman, Paxson and Thibs are all going to Ohio to speak with LBJ.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:55 PM   #1638
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
How do the Cavs offer LBJ a chance at winning any time in the next four years? When Hickson becomes the best PF in the East? I put the Cavs at the bottom of the list for winning - he stays there solely based on loyalty.
You are assuming the Cavaliers roster would stay the same.

We have gone back and forth on this. You *and pretty much everyone else* ignore back to back 60 win season, several years of being eastern conference contenders and having a pretty deep team with good pieces like Jamison, Mo *who fits LeBron like a freaking glove in talents*, Andy, and yes a young talent like Hickson. Not only are they good pieces for LeBron to play around, but a lot of those guys have value around the NBA *although everyone at OS ignores it.*

The Cavaliers are another superstar away from being title contenders. Are the Clippers? Are the Knicks? Are the Heat and their two players?

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #1639
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
I love how the KNICKS always get left-out, but in reality the KNICKS have as good of a chance as anyone to win now & in the future if they get LEBRON & another MAX Player. Nice young players, expiring contract still on the books. Owner who is willing to pay the luxary tax if needed.

Sounds appealing to me
The Knicks are the Cavaliers in 2004. I doubt LeBron wants to go back to that again.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #1640
Banned

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96

Sounds appealing to me
You can honestly sit here and say that with the current Knicks roster plus LeBron and another Max, they could compete for championships next year? You are out of your mind.

If he took that deal, he would be taking a step back. The situation in Cleveland is better than the one in New York. And if there was some sort of sign and trade deal to get another player to Cleveland it could look even better.

Last edited by Starlin4Prez; 06-30-2010 at 03:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »