Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2010, 11:41 PM   #4833
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: LeBron James Signs With Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
Yeah, I'm done with the NBA. Who wants to watch a bunch of superstars play together and most nights play against lottery teams? If I want to see that, I'll go watch a freshman basketball game with the team that didn't move up its best players to the J.V. or varsity team.
lol! Exactly. Well put.

Wheres the fun in watching varsity vs J.V

Pro sports is becoming a joke.

Lebron, steriods would help with a championship also, why not sell out to those too?
Old 07-08-2010, 11:41 PM   #4834
Pro

OVR: 6

USA basketball is a little different than an NBA season. If you want to watch 3 superstars team up to make it easier to win the title then go ahead. Most people nowadays arent about teams or cities anymore and just players anyways!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:42 PM   #4835
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Lebron just taught all those little boys and girls beside him in the interview, that winning is more important then loyalty, his fans, clevelands economy, and home.
No he didn't.

Quote:
Very sad man. Ive said it over and over, pro sports are not what they once were. There was a time, when it was about the fans, and there home team.
That time existed because players were forced into staying on their teams due to the lack of free agency.
Quote:
Now its all just a bunch of rambling when they say there doing something for the fans. Its a joke. Its all about money, spotlight, and themselves.
If he wanted all the money and spotlight then he would've stayed in Cleveland.

Quote:
You screwed a lot of people tonight Lebron. Buisiness will go under, Cleveland will not be the same. All so you can take the easy road and get YOUR championships. Worst of all you handled this with no class. Made fans wait so you could break there hearts on national TV, for a few more extra dollars. Your a clown.
Cleveland's economy isn't his responsibility.

Quote:
Personally I wouldnt want a championship I didnt earn. Have fun playing behind wade, the top man on the team, who has a ring. Your Legacy just went in the toilet.
It's hilarious how quick people turn. Lebron is by far one of the top 2 players in the league yet now people want to act like he's a scrub who can't play.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #4836
Prime Time

Leon Sandcastle's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Lebron just taught all those little boys and girls beside him in the interview, that winning is more important then loyalty, his fans, clevelands economy, and home.

Very sad man. How do people justify this? Would you teach your kids this crap? Ive said it over and over, pro sports are not what they once were. There was a time, when it was about the fans, and there home team. Now its all just a bunch of rambling when they say there doing something for the fans. Its a joke. Its all about money, spotlight, and themselves.

You screwed a lot of people tonight Lebron. Buisiness will go under, Cleveland will not be the same. All so you can take the easy road and get YOUR championships. Worst of all you handled this with no class. Made fans wait so you could break there hearts on national TV, for a few more extra dollars. Your a clown.

Personally I wouldnt want a championship I didnt earn. Have fun playing behind wade, the top man on the team, who has a ring. Your Legacy just went in the toilet.
I understand but if LeBron James signed that 6-year deal would they win a championship? Probably not? Then after that 6-year at Cleveland he would be 31 years old and no championship? LeBron wants to win a championship C'mon!

P.S. Dan Gilbert is a sell-out old man who has no respect for without LeBron James he probably wouldn't have a job!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #4837
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
Yeah, I'm done with the NBA. Who wants to watch a bunch of superstars play together and most nights play against lottery teams? If I want to see that, I'll go watch a freshman basketball game with the team that didn't move up its best players to the J.V. or varsity team.
I'm second in this line.

Best of luck, LePippen.

Gilbert's letter was....wow! Hahaha. That was excellent.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #4838
Pro

OVR: 6

The only people who are happy are Miami Heat fans and bandwagon fans who loved Boston a few years ago!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:45 PM   #4839
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: The Official "Where is LeBron going?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkurial
I wouldn't say that I'm mad, but after all of the d*ckriding from ESPN and the "LBJ can be better than MJ," "The Chosen One," etc., I'm not sure if that was COMPLETELY created by the media and he never wanted to be that player, but I had better not ever hear any talk like that ever again. Cuz he can't be mentioned in the same breath anymore.

And wearing 23, powder routine, etc., certainly seems to point to him believing the hype.

Like someone said earlier, he could've gone to a number of teams and been THE guy and still have some stars around him like Melo and Amar'e (that could've been a nasty team) and cement his legacy there. Unless he doesn't care about any sort of legacy which is cool. He could've gone to the Bulls (though I didn't want him here) and done the same with some ridiculous pieces as well.

Super team in Miami seems like the easy way out but if all he wants are endorsements and rings, and doesn't care about the fact that it's Wade's team, then it's all good.

Like I said though, LBJ to MJ or Kobe comparisons. Never want to hear them again from ANYBODY.

Oh, and that Olympics analogy is silly.
So its okay if he plays with Amare and Melo is cool, but since its wade and bosh its the easy way out...SMH So i guess Boston has a super team also right, Lakers? Show time Lakers( Magic, Kareem etc...) CMON Man!!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #4840
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The Official "Where is LeBron going?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkurial
Like someone said earlier, he could've gone to a number of teams and been THE guy and still have some stars around him like Melo and Amar'e (that could've been a nasty team) and cement his legacy there. Unless he doesn't care about any sort of legacy which is cool. He could've gone to the Bulls (though I didn't want him here) and done the same with some ridiculous pieces as well.
Why is one group of all stars better than another?

Quote:
Oh, and that Olympics analogy is silly.
Why is that?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »