Home

The LeBron James Thread

This is a discussion on The LeBron James Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Team?
Cleveland 82 20.81%
Chicago 86 21.83%
New York 71 18.02%
New Jersey 32 8.12%
Los Angeles Clippers 11 2.79%
Oklahoma City 7 1.78%
Miami 82 20.81%
Other 23 5.84%
Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2010, 02:04 AM   #513
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: The Official "Where is LeBron going?" Thread

Just another example of LeBron's planet sized ego.

Love the player, but literally everything else about him pisses me off when he isn't playing basketball.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #514
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
LeBron Has Had Say In Cleveland's Trades

I just feel bad for Cleveland fans.

If he thinks that sort of behavior is going to happen elsewhere then New York and Chicago are off the list because there's no way either of those front offices are giving up power and rightfully so. I want LeBron the player, keep LeBron the GM aka Zeke Jr the hell away from the Knicks.
Of course he's going to get asked for input. I would wager that any of the greatest players the league has seen, you would hear the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
The Cleveland Plain Dealer has reported for quite some time -- since LeBron's last contract was signed -- that the Cavaliers seek his input on trades. The Cavs have, I guess, done a pretty good job of covering up any vetoes he's had.
Vetoing trades? Couldn't have been much, since they had nothing to offer anyway. So even if that "report" is true about vetoes, I would wager it wasn't a Chris Bosh for Big Z type thing that James turned down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
We knew he had some influence, I knew he wanted Shaq, wanted Brown back and wanted Varejao resigned. I had no idea he was flat out vetoing trades.
Yeah LeBron seemed to have a loyalty to Brown, which makes sense. He grew up with Brown, he wasn't going to throw him under the bus.

They have had some regular season successes, Bron probably thought he could overcome and finally breakthrough in the playoffs.

As far as "wanting Shaq", don't try to pin that move squarely on James.

1. It was a great move anyway
2. Cleveland was going to get a true center anyway after getting pushed around by Dwight
3. Who else was Cleveland supposed to get for Ben Wallace?

Also, the Andy signing really isn't as bad as it seemed at the time. He's probably worth that contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Just another example of LeBron's planet sized ego.

Love the player, but literally everything else about him pisses me off when he isn't playing basketball.
Umm, I would wager that all of the best players in the league have the ego problem. It's something that comes with the territory. MJ, Kobe.. it's just how it goes in this day and age.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #515
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Ego is one thing, neither had the ability to veto trades. Voicing their opinions sure but vetoing and pushing are two different things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #516
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Ego is one thing, neither had the ability to veto trades. Voicing their opinions sure but vetoing and pushing are two different things.
Like I said before, what trades was James vetoing exactly? Cleveland didn't exactly have much to offer other teams. So I would wager anything turned down wasn't all that great anyway.

Not that I'm even saying that Ferry/Gilbert would give James that power. These reports I take with a few grains of salt.

I am not saying one way or the other, but if people are trying to pin the trades and Andy on James... that's totally shortsighted.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #517
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

We'll never know what trades he was vetoing. Thing is you never want to give a player that kind of power. Cleveland did everything possible for LBJ and now they might be left with nothing except for damaged goods such as Jamison.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #518
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

Quote:
We'll never know what trades he was vetoing. Thing is you never want to give a player that kind of power. Cleveland did everything possible for LBJ and now they might be left with nothing except for damaged goods such as Jamison.
Jamison is damaged goods? How so. He has a bad contract, but that's the chance you had to take with only giving up a first round pick. James had Mo Williams as a Robin. Not going to cut it. As it stands now, it's apparent Jamison is more suited for a third wheel.. ouch.

I won't really respond to the veto thing since that is not fact.

But even if it was fact, then my previous post still stands. Don't try to pin any of the moves on James. They had not much to offer in the first place, so I doubt James thwarted any chances of Bosh coming or anything like that.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #519
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

I'm not pinning anything as we don't know the details. All I'm saying is you don't want to give a player that kind of power. That's why you have GM's, scouts, and coaches in place.

Jamison has almost always been suited for a third wheel. Had some nights where he would be second. I always looked at that Washington team as Arenas - Butler - Jamison.

Anyway, if he comes to Chicago, he will not get that kind of power. Pretty sure same stands for NY.

Last edited by Altimus; 05-20-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #520
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

Quote:
I'm not pinning anything as we don't know the details. All I'm saying is you don't want to give a player that kind of power. That's why you have GM's, scouts, and coaches in place.

Jamison has almost always been suited for a third wheel. Had some nights where he would be second. I always looked at that Washington team as Arenas - Butler - Jamison.

Anyway, if he comes to Chicago, he will not get that kind of power. Pretty sure same stands for NY.
Oh no I wasn't saying you were pinning it on James, I was responding to anyone in general who was implying that the moves were all James based, or that he should be blamed for these supposed "final pieces to the puzzle" moves.

Jamison has always been a complimentary player for certain. However if you gave anyone the choice of Jamison and bad contract or first round pick next year [30th overall], I'm guessing 9/10 people are going with Jamison.

When you consider the context, Cleveland was rolling along again looking pretty good even with no Robin to James. Then the deadline comes along and you have the chance to land maybe Amare or Jamison. Like I said, more than likely you're going to say "hell yeah, let's add one of these guys".

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »