Home

1992 Chicago Bulls vs 1996 Chicago Bulls

This is a discussion on 1992 Chicago Bulls vs 1996 Chicago Bulls within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: Who Would Win A Game?
1992 Chicago Bulls (67-15) 7 12.96%
1996 Chicago Bulls (72-10) 47 87.04%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2010, 12:43 PM   #25
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt
 
USF11's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 4,245
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 1992 Chicago Bulls vs 1996 Chicago Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmb11
I actually like the argument someone made back on the 2nd page about the 1992 Bulls playing in a tougher league.
Its just something to consider. I'm not saying the argument is definitive because of it. Plus the "Hand Check Rule", changed after Michaels first retirement didnt it?
__________________
"Good music transcends all physical limits, it's more then something you hear, it's something that you feel, when the author, experience, and passion is real" - Murs (And this is for)
USF11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #26
All Star
 
st0rmb11's Arena
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 5,692
Blog Entries: 16
Re: 1992 Chicago Bulls vs 1996 Chicago Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
Its just something to consider. I'm not saying the argument is definitive because of it. Plus the "Hand Check Rule", changed after Michaels first retirement didnt it?
I'm not positive, but I think so.
and when he came back, the league was in the process of becoming the league it is today. Softer, catered more to the scorers. I don't remember seeing as many hard fouls in clips from the 1996 season and I did from the 1992 season.
st0rmb11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #27
MVP
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Jan 2007
Re: 1992 Chicago Bulls vs 1996 Chicago Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmb11
1996 team was clearly the greatest NBA team of all time
I can't go there with you - great team, yeah, but not the GOAT. I'll take the '86 Celtics or the '87 Lakers over the Bulls in 7 games.
Jeffx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:03 PM   #28
All Star
 
st0rmb11's Arena
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 5,692
Blog Entries: 16
Re: 1992 Chicago Bulls vs 1996 Chicago Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffx
I can't go there with you - great team, yeah, but not the GOAT. I'll take the '86 Celtics or the '87 Lakers over the Bulls in 7 games.

72-10 is the greatest record ever. That's what I was saying. and was just stating an opinion.

but, I would kindly have to disagree with you. I'd take the 1996 Bulls over those 2 teams you mentioned in a 7 game series. 1 game, it's a toss up. But, I think in a series, the Bulls would win (given that they would have home court advantage due to their record).
st0rmb11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:03 AM   #29
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt
 
USF11's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 4,245
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 1992 Chicago Bulls vs 1996 Chicago Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmb11
72-10 is the greatest record ever. That's what I was saying. and was just stating an opinion.

but, I would kindly have to disagree with you. I'd take the 1996 Bulls over those 2 teams you mentioned in a 7 game series. 1 game, it's a toss up. But, I think in a series, the Bulls would win (given that they would have home court advantage due to their record).
Could you imagine Rodman/Scottie locking down on Bird?
__________________
"Good music transcends all physical limits, it's more then something you hear, it's something that you feel, when the author, experience, and passion is real" - Murs (And this is for)
USF11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:12 AM   #30
MVP
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: baltimore
Blog Entries: 12
Re: 1992 Chicago Bulls vs 1996 Chicago Bulls

'96 bulls 4-1.
__________________
xbox gt - bmorerep87
The15thunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:50 AM   #31
Sitting by the door
 
Dice's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chicago, IL.
Posts: 6,669
Re: 1992 Chicago Bulls vs 1996 Chicago Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
Could you imagine Rodman/Scottie locking down on Bird?
What about McHale? Who's going to lock him down? And then what about Parish? You say Longley? I don't think so. The 86 Celtics would give the 96 Bulls a serious run.

And I honestly think that the 87 Lakers would beat the 96 Bulls in a 7 game series. Magic and Worthy would be a problem for the Bulls defensively. Everybody would assume that Pippen would guard Magic because of how he played him in the 1991 Finals. Now, that would be good but you run the risk of having Jordan cover Worthy. Which is not what you want because in 1987 Worthy was in his prime and because he was bigger than Mike he would take him in the post and get Mike into foul trouble early. Now you can have Jordan guard Green but then you run the risk of giving up offensive rebounds because Green will beat Jordan to the boards. Now you could just play them straight up and you just give up on the mismatches at the PG(Magic vs Haprer) and C(Longley vs Jabbar) and hope you could win the SF matchup(Pippen vs Worthy), which would be the deciding factor.

On the other end, the Lakers obviously need to try and stop Jordan's scoring and Pippen's all round play. Jordan is going to win his matchup and Harper and Longley will loose theirs so they'll have to bank on the Pippen/Worthy matchup. Which will be close. Rodman will beat Green on the boards BUT Green , even as a young player back then, was savy on both sides of the ball. So the intangibles of Rodman and that of Green would also be brought to the table to decide.

As for the benches, Bulls win this one. Not by much but they win.

Now this is coming from a huge Bulls fan but I think that the Magic/Worthy problem is much more dangerous to the Bulls than the Jordan/Pippen problem for the Lakers. As I stated, the Pippen/Worthy matchup is the key and I think that can be won by Worthy. People forget that Worthy was a beast during that time. He was taking great defensive player at that time to school. I've seen great defensive players at that time, namely Kevin McHale and Rodney McCray, just get abused by Worthy.

I say the 1996 Bulls loose to the 1987 Lakers 4-2. And like I said, this is coming from a die hard Bulls fan.
__________________
I have more respect for a man who let's me know where he stands, even if he's wrong. Than the one who comes up like an angel and is nothing but a devil. - Malcolm X
Dice is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 02:36 AM   #32
All Star
 
st0rmb11's Arena
 
OVR: 30
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 5,692
Blog Entries: 16
Re: 1992 Chicago Bulls vs 1996 Chicago Bulls

Ok, I'll address the 1986 Celtics matchup first.

Jordan (at 23) with NO ONE around him, couldn't be contained by the Celtics. By himself, Jordan led the Bulls to some close games with that team.

I do think Pippen could control Bird one on one (and by control, I mean hold him in the low 20s). Jordan wouldn't have a bit of trouble with Johnson, Harper would handle Ainge quite well. Parrish would have his way with Longley, but I do think Rodman could manage McHale. It would basically come down to what the benches did. The Celtics had no one off the bench like Kukoc, and as stated many times in the original argument, Kukoc would be the X factor.

as far as the '87 Lakers, it would be a better series. I'm sorry, but Rodman would own Green on the boards. I would go with Jordan on Magic. Let him try to use his quickness and intelligence to hold Johnson down. Have Harper on Scott. Kareem was certainly a better player than Longley (even at that age), but his age would come into play, as the Bulls would sub big men like Wennington, James Edwards, John Salley, & Jason Caffey to help on Jabbar. I say on defense, maybe consider Rodman on Worthy, and Pippen on Green. Or vice versa; either way.

Cooper coming off the bench is the only bench player on any teams we've mentioned, that could hold down Kukoc. So that would be very interesting. Kurt Rambis would be a possible X factor, as he could match the intensity of Rodman.

While I will admit that this would be a great series, I have to go Bulls. I feel like they could keep the Lakers from getting out and running as much, and no answer for Jordan.

This series would most certainly not be 4-2 either way. I'd say it would go to an epic 7th game, that may even have an overtime or two. I'd say Bulls in 7 because game 7 would be in Chicago.
st0rmb11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 AM.

Top -