Home

The worst pick up players.

This is a discussion on The worst pick up players. within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #25
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: The worse pick up players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball GURU
lol... i do this, it throws the shooter off. My friends use to always do it to me and it bugged me a lot, so i started doing it to everybody else..
LOL, thats when you recieve a Kobe-esque arm swing after the jumper...

Theres also the "No easy passes guy"

Even a simple inbound becomes a issue....instead of a simple chest pass to the open guy...a spinning zip pass to the covered man under the goal is more appropiate....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 01:04 AM   #26
MVP

Basketball GURU's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Even a simple inbound becomes a issue....instead of a simple chest pass to the open guy...a spinning zip pass to the covered man under the goal is more appropiate....
lol...this is the same game that insist that all of his passes must be featured on sportcenter 2 on 1 fastbreak he does a 360 behind the back pass...out a bounds.....
Old 02-19-2011, 02:34 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: The worst pick up players.

I don't like all of the guys already mentioned but the one that bugs me the most is the guy who thinks he is all that. Tries to coach other guys, doesn't play team basketball, doesn't know how to play defense. Yea, that guy bugs me.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:50 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

I have a friend that fits this descprition to a T. He's so notorious in our circle for his passes that we call them "Montgomery passes", his last name. Every pass he throws is either to high or at your ankles, and they all have a 10089378489 rpm side spin, all the while coming at you like John Elway was trying to squeeze it in between a triple team. The funniest part is that he compares himself to Steve Nash. The fact that he's a horrific shooter and his passing is the absolute worst, makes it hard to believe people are that blind to their own shortcomings....
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 02-19-2011, 03:46 AM   #29
Rookie

CerebrumMusica's Arena

OVR: 7

This thread has me cracking up and wishing I still had my YMCA membership.
Here's a few I'm sure you all know...

The old sweaty guy who insists on being skins every game, posting you up and boxing you out relentlessly, on every play, but you're stuck covering him because no one else will.

The guy with goggles. Always pick him.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:34 AM   #30
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHRVD55
I don't like all of the guys already mentioned but the one that bugs me the most is the guy who thinks he is all that. Tries to coach other guys, doesn't play team basketball, doesn't know how to play defense. Yea, that guy bugs me.
Yes! The "Coach on the floor" guy is so annoying. Often times they either were decent in HS about 100 years before or played 5 minutes in college and thinks that qualifies them to break down everyone's game, etc.

It only was a minor irritation when I was young, but as an adult (I've recently started playing again as I get back in shape) it flat-out drives me nuts!

I'll also add the "where I'm from..." guy. He's the one who makes excuses for his play or whines about the game at hand with "that ain't how we do it where I'm from." He's usually also the one (like some have mentioned already) who molests you in the air and asks "you call that?" on one end and then calls every ticky-tack foul he can think of when you D him.

Also, now that I think of it-the guy who yells "AND ONE!!!" after every shot that has a defender within a 100 mile radius of him...regardless of whether it even has a chance to go in or not.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:48 AM   #31
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtw324
Story of my life...(I'm the tall guy)
me too... ..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #32
MVP