Home

Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc)

This is a discussion on Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #89
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc)

Do you guys think harden will finally start this year?
Old 11-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #90
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Depends how much they get him for.

If it's for like the vet's minimum or something around that, then it's a low risk/high reward type of move or at worst, a lateral move and if it doesn't work out then they could just cut him without taking too much of a cap hit. But again, that depends on how much they get him for.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #91
Basketball Reasons

Drewski's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeks
Do you guys think harden will finally start this year?
I think he should. I believe he will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #92
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Harden is gonna start no doubt, and IMO he will have an All-Star caliber season.

OKC could definitely use someone who can stretch the defense and has size. Not saying Shane is the answer, but outside of KD they really only have Harden and Cook [free agent and small] to do that.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:57 PM   #93
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Here you go Ex:

Quote:
he whole point of the "competitive balance" aspect of the lockout was to try and limit some of the patterns wherein teams like the Lakers would have inherent advantages in the free agency and trade market. Regardless of whether you believe those measures were legitimate or not, that's the alleged point and a big reason why half of the games missed are absent from the schedule. But one potential ramification of the new rules is that the Lakers could wind up improving their already stacked roster, which surprised everyone by not making the playoffs last season.

The Lakers could be aiming to bring in Baron Davis or Rashard Lewis, according to a report from the LA Times:
The Lakers are curious to see if veteran point guard Baron Davis gets cut by Cleveland. He has two years and $28.7 million left on his contract, though he can be signed for substantially less than that. The Lakers also want a shooter and are monitoring whether forward Rashard Lewis (two years, $43.8 million remaining) gets waived by Washington.

Because the Lakers are so far over the salary cap with a current payroll of about $90 million, their only real spending tool in free agency is the mid-level exception, which will shrink dramatically from last year's five-year, $29-million maximum for such a player.
via Lakers basketball: Lakers have new coaches, many questions for 2010-11 season - latimes.com.

The Lakers are widely expected to exercise the amnesty clause on Luke Walton, freeing up some salary space, though they'll still be in luxury tax category. With most of the tax restrictions not expected to take effect until 2013, the Lakers should be in position to use the MLE on either player. Davis is a much better fit for need considering the Laker's strength at both power forward with Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom, and small forward with Metta World Peace, Odom, Matt Barnes, and occassionally Kobe Bryant able to play the spot. On the flip side, a replacement has been needed for Derek Fisher for quite some time, and Davis would be an ideal candidate with his range.

Davis also is heavily involved in Hollywood through his film production company. This kind of move would represent the exact kind of move the lockout was designed to stop. Instead, the Lakers, who have won two of the past three championships, could be geared to add a former All-Star who fits perfectly with their roster.

The more things change, the more things could potentially stay the same.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:01 AM   #94
Basketball Reasons

Drewski's Arena

OVR: 23

Walton will likely get amnesty-ed, but I heard grumblings not long ago (very recent actually) that he had been talking about retiring altogether because his back injury is a serious problem. Have to wait and see...

Also heard Lakers were interested in B-Dizzle and Shard. I can tip my hat to Baron, but I struggle to believe Rashard Lewis brings anything the Lakers need to be successful.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:07 AM   #95
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Yeah I saw that earlier today, and I'm very indifferent on them both.

The glaring needs for Los Angeles is for Pau to grow his sack back, and to get a point guard who doesn't play like he's 60.

Baron Davis is too inconsistent to be a starter on a title contending team. But I would probably take the risk anyway and sign him just because Fisher looks that unstable and old. The free agent point guard class looks awful. I'd probably take Baron as the lesser of all evils.

I mean replacing Luke Walton essentially with Davis can't be considered a bad thing. Although Luke may retire anyway..

Steve Blake and Ron hopefully benefit from not being in the triangle anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 12:09 AM   #96
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

OVR: 39

My order of possible Bulls SG options. I know many of these are unlikely to happen, but that's why it's possible options.

1. OJ Mayo
2. Marcus Thornton
3. Aaron Afflalo
4. Jamal Crawford
5. Jason Richardson
6. Courtney Lee
7. Richard Hamilton
8. Tracy McGrady
9. Vince Carter

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »