Home

Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc)

This is a discussion on Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #3097
Banned

OVR: 22
Re: Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc)

Wouldn't thinking Dwight is going to the Lakers fall under "delusional speculation"?
Old 12-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #3098
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Rose
Really?

This is coming from the guy, who when talking about the future of the Lakers, says..."Mitch will get something done, Mitch will do this, Mitch will do that."

It's like the pot calling the kettle black.

Not sure what FA market you're looking at, unless you have a crystal ball to see in to the future, but they help ain't there my friend.

Come on now. Now it's getting ridiculous.

The Bulls can top anything the Lakers have to offer. Period.
LOL Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson alone is better than whatever the Lakers and Nets can offer. Only problem is, would Dwight want to come to Chicago? We'd have to sell him on it, but I think it's possible if Derrick would lay off the humble pie and get involved.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #3099
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Old 12-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #3100
Banned

a_maz_ing's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
Wrong, especially when Kobe is 33 yrs. old and they'd only be able to surround with scrubs. It would be wonderful to see Lakers ruin the team for just Dwight Howard. People seem to forget that the Lakers were irrelevant throughout the mid-1970's and entire 1990's. I wouldn't be suprised if they become a non-playoff team when Kobe retires. That's also dependant upon anyone gift wrapping them a star.

from Bills Backer Clubhouse
LOL so the Lakers were bad 3 seasons in the 70s, 73,74,75 and the 75th season we had the MVP player. And the irrelevant throughout the entire 1990s? LA made 2 finals (winning 1), made another conf finals, only missed the playoffs once, made 3 other semis, 2 other first rounds, and missed it once. So if you want to count no playoffs or no playoff series wins as irrelevant, then we were only irrelevant, 3 seasons dude...
Your statement about LA being irrelevant through the ENITRE 1990s is false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasong7777
David A said it on NBA tv. Said the Magic didn't think Lopez and two first round picks was enough for Dwight.
So they agree with me...no surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
You're telling me the Lakers don't have bad deals on their books? I won't even waste time name-dropping the waste of players on the Lakers roster.

And by front office...I should have specified: in making trades, especially multiple team/player trades.

The Nets front office is far superior in that regard.

Heck, they pulled of the DWill trade without anyone in the league knowing.
none worse than that crappy outlaw deal. 5 years, $35million, for him? 2nd worse deal last summer. Our only bad deal is Luke Walton.

And that Dwill trade won't look so good if he leaves next summer. Gambling on a superstar who may or may not sign an extension isn't exactly genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I'm really not feeling McRoberts for Mayo S&T. I know Memphis wants another frontcourt body, but it doesn't seem like a good swap to me.
What is Memphis's obessesion with McRoberts???

If they wanted a foward for OJ Mayo, they should have traded him to LA for Odom. Or vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Well they already gave Rudy Gay a max deal. I believe ZBO is getting paid near max money, they probably couldn't afford to give Marc max money and he doesn't deserve that one bit.

I don't think so my brotha. Granger would have to be included in any deal. Plus a lot of draft picks. I don't think it's realistic after thinking about it. Indy would have to gut their team, but do you think CP3 would sign an extension?
If so they made a mistake, they should have kept Gasol over ZBO....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I'm not sure what your getting at....I said i don't believe Kobe is going to be able to take over games like he used to

It doesn't mean he's going to be a scrub it just means his team is going to need some one else to have that ability more often then in years past

I don't think the Lakers are a great team with Kobe and Dwight...they will be a good team but i don't think they are great team with just those two guys.
Your exact words were "Kobe won't be taking over any more games anymore. Don't change your mind now.

And here we go again with ONLY Kobe and Dwight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehova
for an outside team yep.. Griz could have offered 5 years 70 something million

This would be an easy match, kinda doing us a favor
How? forcing u to overpay him when yall might have been able to give him a more reasonable deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
he signed up for it right?

I don't feel sorry for these guys....i don't see Duncan or Dirk crying foul or complaining to management about who's left on the roster

These guys should know when you sign a NBA contract there is a strong chance your team is going to suck at some point.

You can't just break the contract because your team sucks now or you boi is playing in New York
Why on earth would 4 time NBA champ Duncan complain? He has had a great career and is allegedly retiring soon, as long as they compete of course he won't complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
He made the playoffs with the exact same roster last year. Who's wasting away?
Wasting away as in not a real contender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
I don't believe it makes much of a difference, especially when you're not receiving an equally talented player in the deal. Denver is in a rebuilding stage too, but they got to keep a couple of role players.

from Bills Backer Clubhouse
Really? your best player leaving for nothing is the same as you getting something back for your best player...sure

Last edited by a_maz_ing; 12-11-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #3101
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Not sure what FA market you're looking at, unless you have a crystal ball to see in to the future, but the help ain't there my friend.

Come on now. Now it's getting ridiculous.

The Bulls can top anything the Lakers have to offer. Period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #3102
Rookie

OVR: 5

Is cp3 rumors to la back on? or is that homer drewski just making more and more stuff up?
Old 12-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #3103
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Wouldn't thinking Dwight is going to the Lakers fall under "delusional speculation"?
Not when multiple NBA reporters are claiming that the Lakers are going to take a shot at trading for him.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #3104
Banned

a_maz_ing's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
Look bruh, CP3 is not - IS NOT - coming to LA. Get that through your head.

Dwight is not coming to LA if they're gonna offer an injury prone center who might reach his potential, and a 31-year-old PF who needs someone else for him to reach optimal effectiveness. OK?

I understand you love your Lakers, but I'm tired of all these delusional rants about how CP3 will do this and that for the Lakers, and how Dwight and Kobe would "tear through the league."

Can you PLEASE move on, or actually leave the Laker bias at home and contribute to the conversation in a sensible way? A couple people here are tired of you going on and on about something that isn't even close to happening.
I'm not going to act like I watched Gasol in Memphis but his stats didn't drastically increase when he got to LA, so i don't agree with this statement...

and I think yall have it out for Drewski, he seems to be the only person not allowed to make speculation and everything else he says, even when he is right, gets completely ignored.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »