Home

Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc)

This is a discussion on Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #3905
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc)

D12 isn't interested in the Windy City.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #3906
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by loloben
D12 isn't interested in the Windy City.
Nope. Which tells you all you need to know about all this 'wanting to win' talk from all these guys. If you truly want to win then there is no reason in hell that New Jersey (sorry Pack) is on your list of teams you'll sign with if you're traded there and Chicago isn't.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #3907
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

Just a Heads, Up.

Quote:
Sources tell ESPN that Mavs are in advanced discussions to deal Rudy Fernandez to Denver Nuggets for future draft considerations. According to Marc Stein.
Solid Piece for the Nuggets IMO.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #3908
Pro

AnnihilusLivius's Arena

OVR: 7

Lakers replacement for Shannon Brown is Gerald Green, are you kidding me ? LOL
Old 12-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #3909
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski
It hurts that LO went to Dallas, it was an unforeseen stumbling block.

No reason to be so pessimistic about landing something big. Why should anyone read what Dwight says and suddenly believe he's going to stay with Orlando? It is no secret that Dwight loves Orlando, even when he leaves I believe he will always have love for the Magic. But, It's media day, you say the right things. Dwight loves the people, and I'm sure Orlando wanted to mitigate the damage. We have no idea what their private conversations are, in the end, though. From an analytical basketball standpoint, however, how would the Magic improve this year - or even next year.

• The Magic have no cap, they have the 2nd highest payroll in the LEAGUE (surprising fact)
  • They have almost no tradeable assets, and the pieces they do have I can't imagine netting a high overall return.
  • Draft will not benefit them with their current roster set up as is.

So I just struggle to see how the Orlando Magic can sit down and see a scenario where they can provide a roster that Dwight Howard will be happy about continuing with. That package for Dwight is better than any other package they can likely get in return for Dwight. Tons of draft picks (in a stacked '12 draft where they can utilize having FOUR picks. Draft four pieces? Trade up? Combine? Alot of options in a sexy draft). With Dwight publicly stating he would only sign an extension with NJN, ORL, LAL, or DAL... out of NJN (Brook, 2 1sts, prospects?) DAL (?) or LAL (package I've laid out) which team can provide the best package? Doesn't even seem close to me.

Very happy Mitch is rounding out the roster in the mean time. McRoberts was a smart grab. (Having to bring on guys like McRoberts/Green/Rookies + bringing in salaries through trades + needing to sign a PG. I see why they just settled for just clearing LO off the books. Hard to defend but picture becomes clearer)
I really think Dwight is looking for a reason to either stay or leave. He's almost treating this situation like a girlfriend, haha. I think he wants to stay, but he wants Orlando to prove they're committed to change.

Dwight isn't asking for superstars, based on reports. He wanted Stephen Jackson and Monta Ellis, and he did want Big Baby Davis. The Magic made a big first step by going to get Davis, who is big and can be physical in the post with Dwight. I think Bass was more of a finesse PF. The Magic also got Von Wafer, who is another 3 point shooter in Van Gundy's offense.

I don't think the key is for the Magic to get a superstar. Dwight knows they can't get one, and honestly, if he was convinced he was leaving he would've forced the issue. The Magic made the Eastern Conf. Finals with good role players around him, like Rashard Lewis, Hedo Turkoglu, and Jameer Nelson, so they can do it again if they rebound.

I think the Magic are in a situation similar to Chicago, actually. While the Bulls need a SG who can create his own shot, the Magic really only need one thing, and that is a game changer. A dynamic player, kind of, who can score 16-20 points consistently, and break out at any time. Stephen Jackson would be a good fit, and I wonder if they could still get him.

I came up with a trade on ESPN trade machine:
Magic get Stephen Jackson and Carlos Delfino
Bucks get JJ Redick, Quentin Richardson, and Daniel Orton

I dont know if it would work, but I think the Magic could get an older guy like Jackson who can score. Maybe John Salmons or even Joe Johnson, possibly?
Old 12-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #3910
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnihilusLivius
Lakers replacement for Shannon Brown is Gerald Green, are you kidding me ? LOL
Bro Shannon wasn't all that anyway. He had a decent little run with LA but he's expendable and his production certainly won't be missed. I do miss him as a dunker and his athleticism. Other than that both Brown and Greene are
Old 12-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #3911
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
Just a Heads, Up.

Solid Piece for the Nuggets IMO.
They need a solid 2nd option at center and I believe they are trying to move Rudy or Brewer to be able to sign that guy to a 1 year contract.

In a perfect world Dalembert does a deal like Kwame Brown did with Golden St if not i think the Mavs are going to try and look into one of New Orleans centers Kaman or Okafor if they ever decide to make a deal

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #3912
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
The Clippers believe the market for Paul has shrunk and that the asking price should be lowered as well. No serious movement is expected until the NBA lowers its current asking price.

Los Angeles could be willing to part with the 2012 first round pick from the Wolves that they own, but sources say they are enamored with the idea of being able to add a player from an extremely deep draft class.

The idea of including Eric Gordon and that pick is something the Clippers are resisting.

The central part of the Clippers' offer is Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu and Eric Bledsoe.

The Clippers believe they will have the capacity to sign Paul this offseason and that ripping apart a big chunk of their core is not worth the immediacy of acquiring him now.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...For_Chris_Paul

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »