Home

Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc)

This is a discussion on Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2011, 12:11 AM   #4025
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I get the feeling David Stern just walks around with this playing on his iPod.....or CD player......or record player....or whatever.

Would you prefer if David Stern did a strut like this (1:06 mark)...

... or one of these?

2013 and 2015 OS NFL Pick'em Champ...somehow I won 2 in 3 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 12:15 AM   #4026
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Man for an off-season/free agency that supposed to be fast and furious this whole thing has just been kind of blah.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 12-14-2011, 12:30 AM   #4027
MVP

OVR: 15

Steve Kerr gives his thoughts on the CP3 situation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...rn=nba-wp11757

2013 and 2015 OS NFL Pick'em Champ...somehow I won 2 in 3 years.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:33 AM   #4028
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm sure I'm going to catch flack for this, but whatever.

People on here are complaining about ESPN (which I don't really watch) only talking about CP3 and D12. Yet, I come on here and flip through pages and pages of people analyzing those two guys. When any other move gets made, there's a comment or two and we move on, but any tweet about one of those guys (regardless of the source) is analyzed to death. ESPN is obviously reporting on what everyone seemingly wants to talk about, so I can't be mad. And it's not just my man Drewski with the trade machines, master plans, Laker praise, and super long analyses, it's pretty much the majority talking Lakers, Howard, and Paul.

And since Red and I basically represent the Rockets in these here parts, no we haven't officially amnestied Thabeet. Sadly, he's the only "true center" on our team (and I hope we stay clear of Dalmbert and it stays that way). #tank
Old 12-14-2011, 12:35 AM   #4029
Basketball Reasons

Drewski's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
I'm sure I'm going to catch flack for this, but whatever.

People on here are complaining about ESPN (which I don't really watch) only talking about CP3 and D12. Yet, I come on here and flip through pages and pages of people analyzing those two guys. When any other move gets made, there's a comment or two and we move on, but any tweet about one of those guys (regardless of the source) is analyzed to death. ESPN is obviously reporting on what everyone seemingly wants to talk about, so I can't be mad. And it's not just my man Drewski with the trade machines, master plans, Laker praise, and super long analyses, it's pretty much the majority talking Lakers, Howard, and Paul.

And since Red and I basically represent the Rockets in these here parts, no we haven't officially amnestied Thabeet. Sadly, he's the only "true center" on our team (and I hope we stay clear of Dalmbert and it stays that way). #tank
What are your feelings about Dalembert? Is that an option? And what about Scola/Martin?

Why was Houston so willing to part with two strong pieces so willingly?
Old 12-14-2011, 12:37 AM   #4030
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kerr
More generally, it's easy to see how Kerr's reaction could become a problem for the league's image. If Stern vetoed the deal to appeal to casual fans intent on seeing each team have a chance to compete, it's possible that they won't read too much into this situation and think that he has every franchise's best interests at heart. But those same casual fans watch Kerr and other national TV personalities, to the point where they're more likely to take their cues from those commentators instead of league officials. If Kerr and others are annoyed, their opinions are likely to become conventional wisdom. Only bloggers and reporters read league statements, but everyone watches TNT and ESPN.
Talking heads gonna talk... You were a terrible GM Kerr, stick to BSPN.

The bolded is a HUGE part of the problem.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 12-14-2011, 12:44 AM   #4031
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

We play the Knicks on Saturday and have no PF other than some D-League Roster filler.

I know it's only Preseason but we are going to get embarassed out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 12:47 AM   #4032
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski
What are your feelings about Dalembert? Is that an option? And what about Scola/Martin?

Why was Houston so willing to part with two strong pieces so willingly?
It's not that Dalembert is a bad player. I think he is an athletic, defensive big who is going to get paid (and honestly could fill a need). I don't want us to be the team to overpay. I just think that Ex said it best when he stated that he won't "move the needle" in Houston. I feel like if we're clearly not good enough to contend, we shouldn't make moves that will have us sneaking in the eighth seed AT BEST.

Scola and Martin are our two oldest players I believe, so if we are rebuilding, it makes sense to move them. However, a move for Gasol seems like a "win now" move, so I didn't understand moving them instead of our young pieces (which I would imagine would be more appealing to the Hornets anyway). Honestly, the whole thing had me scratching my head, and aside from some hurt feelings in KM and Scola, I'm glad the trade fell through.

The question you gotta ask now is, does Gasol have the same value to Morey without another Gasol or a Nene to pair him with? My guess is no, but who knows.

Last edited by Streets; 12-14-2011 at 12:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »