Home

Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc)

This is a discussion on Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #721
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Amare's not supposed to be playing Center. He's a bad rebounder even at PF.

Do I think the Knicks can get it done with him at the 4, Melo at 3 and around $20M in cap space next year? Hell yeah.

I'm sick of the CP3/trade rumors.

I'd like to see the Knicks develop Shumpert at PG and see what he's made of. If a quality big man is there, pay him next year.

But I'm not expecting much this year.

I think with the players we have...2 of the best in the league...in a shortened season you should compete for the 8th seed in the East at worst.

My expectations for the Knicks start 7/1/12.
Agreed, while I wouldn't turn CP3 down I'd much rather see the Knicks go with Stat & Melo and flesh out the roster with better depth.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #722
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Honestly if Bynum was doing everything you said, and remaining healthy, the Lakers would have no need to bring Dwight in.

His health issues is also what I would see holding this possible deal back. That and I think the Magic would pine for a Bynum/Pau combo in the trade if they're considering it.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #723
Banned

a_maz_ing's Arena

OVR: 8

Dang I wasn't gone that long and yall just blew up.
I just wanted to make some comments on yall argument:
-It is insulting to call Bynum the softest knees in the league as long as Greg Oden who has only played 25% of his games is active. Then there is Joel Pryzbillia who has not played much at all the last few years. Bynum's 67% games played blows them both out the water...

-Odom is not trash, he put up quality stats when he has had to sub in. No one can guarantee he would maintain it over a season but you could do a lot worse at PF.

-I agree with Drewski, gutting the Bulls who are literally a piece or 2 away from winning (and imo swapping Boozer wouldn't hurt either) for Howard wouldn't be worth it. Maybe just Boozer/Noah, but not Deng too. I personally think Deng is a solid SF who can shoot and defend.

-Melo is not a fake miss player. Dude is top 15 player, arguably top 10. If he ever commits to playing D he would be a lock for top 5-8. He is too good of a scorer and rebounder for that insult.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #724
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I see the NBA forum is back in full swing already.

Curse having to work so much, I'm pissed I can't hop into the action right now. :

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 12-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #725
Banned

a_maz_ing's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceMan
Agreed, while I wouldn't turn CP3 down I'd much rather see the Knicks go with Stat & Melo and flesh out the roster with better depth.

I just wanted to tell you that your avatar is awesome, having the 3 best Shooting guards in the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #726
Basketball Reasons

Drewski's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Honestly if Bynum was doing everything you said, and remaining healthy, the Lakers would have no need to bring Dwight in.

His health issues is also what I would see holding this possible deal back. That and I think the Magic would pine for a Bynum/Pau combo in the trade if they're considering it.
Even if Bynum was healthy you trade for Dwight. Bynum isn't just a throw away, but Howard is superior to Bynum and that's never been the question or in question.

Last edited by Drewski; 12-06-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #727
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
-It is insulting to call Bynum the softest knees in the league as long as Greg Oden who has only played 25% of his games is active. Then there is Joel Pryzbillia who has not played much at all the last few years. Bynum's 67% games played blows them both out the water...
Ok, so his knees are the 3rd softest pair of knees in the League.

Either way, it's not good for him to be 24 and already having knee issues and if it's this bad NOW, oh just wait til he gets older.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #728
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_maz_ing
Dang I wasn't gone that long and yall just blew up.
I just wanted to make some comments on yall argument:
Fair point, I wasn't thinking about Oden at the time of saying it. However it's not insulting cause dude's knees are trash.

Bynum's games played in 6 years of service

He may not be the softest knees in the league exactly, but if this were MVP voting, he'd finish in the top five.

Quote:
-Odom is not trash, he put up quality stats when he has had to sub in. No one can guarantee he would maintain it over a season but you could do a lot worse at PF.
Not saying Odom is trash. Just saying don't try to sell me that Lamar Odom is gonna ball and have your team in the playoffs in the East and contending for championships better than Boozer, Noah and Deng. If we're taking the trios of Boozer/Noah/Deng and Odom/Bynum/Artest and offering them up for your squad for the future, I'm rolling Booze and company all day everyday Bulls fan or not.

Quote:
-I agree with Drewski, gutting the Bulls who are literally a piece or 2 away from winning (and imo swapping Boozer wouldn't hurt either) for Howard wouldn't be worth it. Maybe just Boozer/Noah, but not Deng too. I personally think Deng is a solid SF who can shoot and defend.
To get Dwight Howard, yes it is worth it as long as you can get a guy that can defend on the perimeter. The Bulls can make that trade, get Dwight and sign Caron Butler and I'll definitely ride with that trio and still have Asik backing up Howard, Taj starting at the four and possibly Big Sexy on the bench if you need him....Child Please, sign me up for that immediately.

Quote:
-Melo is not a fake miss player. Dude is top 15 player, arguably top 10. If he ever commits to playing D he would be a lock for top 5-8. He is too good of a scorer and rebounder for that insult.
Yeah, Melo is a fake can't miss player. If you're one piece away like the Bulls are right now, you don't gut it to get a Carmelo Anthony. I'm sorry, nobody is ever going to convince me differently of this, ask Dice. You can find a volume scorer anywhere. But a truly dominant big like Dwight? A freak of nature like that who's still a baby (in NBA terms) you push your moms down a flight of stairs if need be to sign that contract.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »