Home

HEAT vs. CELTICS- 2012 EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS THREAD

This is a discussion on HEAT vs. CELTICS- 2012 EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS THREAD within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #33
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: HEAT vs. CELTICS- 2012 EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS THREAD

Heat in four,I'd be suprised if it goes past that.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #34
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The Heat were up 2-0 when Rondo got hurt....so MIA wasn't necessarily on their death bed when that happened ...

Look, you should never count out the Celtics, but I can understand with Avery Bradley being out and a couple players hobbling people would predict the way they have...

Heat in 5 isn't even an insult....they could very well be 5 hard fought games...just like the Thunder in the first two rounds...I don't think the series number really reflects the intensity of the series...
And the Celtics won game 3 and the Heat took out our best player in a dirty play by Wade, so anyone calming a clean victory in that series is ridiculous. Without Bosh this series is wide open so it would be silly for anyone to claim a sweep by either team, and in all honesty the Heat have not played anyone in the Playoffs yet, New York is not a team, and the Pacer played scared and did not take advantage in the fact that the actually had a center and a point guard.

Last edited by coolcras7; 05-27-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #35
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30
I think Miami will end up winning, but I won't put anything past Boston. They just know how to get t done when it counts.

Sent from my 4S using Tapatalk
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 01:18 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Boston in 7, due to Miami's lack of home court edge. Or whatever.

After game 1 everyone will be proclaiming the winner of that game to be the winner of the series. I'm talking about the national media, not you guys on here.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:41 AM   #37
Rookie

Strangerstake's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
Don't remember this do you? Turn away!

I definitely do. I am not saying that Rondo didnt play spectacular, I am just saying that he wouldnt destroy them. I see him getting those good numbers but I really do not see him playing above his best which would be needed. He is an amazing point guard. Better then Rose in my opinion but do you really think he can do it all alone against the Heat if they get all the other 4 guys covered tightly.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:06 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Boston in 6.

Remember in '08 when the Hawks surprisingly took the Celts to 7 games in the 1st round and everyone thought that was foreshadowing for a Celtics failure? I think a similar thing is happening here after that Sixers series.

The thing with Boston is that they like to play up or down to their competition a lot. In this case I think they step up to the occasion and give themselves one last shot at another title with this core group of guys before they move on next year. You can't deny that that fact alone is motivating the hell out of them. You add that to the motivation of last year's loss to Miami and their celebration afterwards (on Boston's court if I recall) and I think despite the injuries the Celtics are going to shock most people.

And that Bosh injury may not have impacted the Indiana series too much, but I think here is where it gets magnified with KG abusing the Heat down low and on the glass. I just don't know if I see Wade and LeBron doing their Jordan/Pippen 2.0 impersonation for another full series. At some point I can see Wade getting himself injured or just going cold again like he was to start the 2nd round.

Regardless of all of the above, this should be fun. I was worried we weren't going to get this matchup.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #39
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerstake
I definitely do. I am not saying that Rondo didnt play spectacular, I am just saying that he wouldnt destroy them. I see him getting those good numbers but I really do not see him playing above his best which would be needed. He is an amazing point guard. Better then Rose in my opinion but do you really think he can do it all alone against the Heat if they get all the other 4 guys covered tightly.
The Celtics go as far as Rondo takes them, the heat took him out of the series I don't know why you are having a problem understanding this, he was not going to beat the Heat by himself he was going to get the rest of the team the ball in the right situations, he was going to break down the defense and then make the pass.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #40
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Remember in '08 when the Hawks surprisingly took the Celts to 7 games in the 1st round and everyone thought that was foreshadowing for a Celtics failure?
No.

This series goes 6 games and gun to head if I had to choose, I'd go Heat but Boston winning wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

They've "old" for the last 4 years and every time I think time is running out for them, they make another strong playoff run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »