Home

****2012 NBA FINALS DISCUSSION THREAD****

This is a discussion on ****2012 NBA FINALS DISCUSSION THREAD**** within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #3833
Banned

Riddler's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: ****2012 NBA FINALS DISCUSSION THREAD****

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
ESPN should know better (And I know it's just a stat, but putting this out there is misleading and only leads to more ill-advised insults).

What matters most (if it even matters at all) is how many years of playoffs it took. So what if Jordan needed less playoff games. It still took him 6 years of postseason losses to win his first ring. It took LeBron 6 years of postseason losses as well.

Both were 27 when they hoisted they're first trophy. Seems like LeBron is on pace.

Kobe had Shaq.
Yes, that's true, but Jordan got his ring in his sixth year. LeBron got his in his ninth year. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to use that against him I'm just pointing out that that is what people use when they compare LeBron to Jordan.

I personally don't think it matters in the slightest, and I'd like to congratulate LeBron on finally winning his ring.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #3834
MVP

BringTheHeat's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I get it, but he was so good because he scored in the paint. The man is a linebacker and no one is stopping him near the bucket.

I know teams will create strategies to stop him from doing so, but really, when LeBron wants to drive to the basket, LeBron is driving to the basket.

Again, I get it. And I know all of these guys want to be complete players, but just keep driving. LeBron is at his best when he's going straight to the basket. If he keeps winning titles by just driving all day long (obviously he'll have to take some jumpers here and there) then no one will care if he wasn't a great shooter.

The only thing that will matter is the number of rings he has.
I agree but I think he does need to work on his shooting too, because eventually he won't be able to drive like he can now. He needs to just start working on his shooting now, and maybe even try adding the MJ fade to his game.

Agree 100% with you about him being unstoppable when driving, but eventually he's going to need something to fall back on.

Also, D Wade needs to do the same. He is losing his athleticism very quickly and he's only getting older.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #3835
MVP

OVR: 19

I'm pretty sure I said this earlier, but strengthening an already very good post game will lengthen Bron's career by multiple years. The scary thing is he's only 27 and his post game has grown significantly the last 2 years. His touch is already very good from 12 feet and in. If he can improve it, he'll be able to pick the spots where he wants to drive more to avoid the pounding he takes from attacking the rim.

Also, he shot 36% from 3 land this year. I think part of the reason is he took significantly less shots from there. If he can take 3-4 shots per game from there and can get to 40% or so, look out. You'll have a full-fledged monster on your hands.

Re: Wade. He's not at his peak athletically anymore, but what they did in game 2 is something that they should be able to do going forward. Run Wade off of high screens set by Bosh. He should still be quick enough for the next several years to get enough separation using that high screen to collapse the paint, get to the rim/line, or hit Bosh as the roll/pop/fade man, especially if Bosh continues to work on his range. He really surprised me with his range in the Finals. With more work this offseason, he could step closer into the mold of Kevin Love (range only).
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #3836
MVP

OVR: 14

If Wade can evolve himself a consistent jump shooter and a spot up 3pt shooter this team will really take off.

I rather have lebron continually being in attack mode even if it just driving and dishing all day.
Vic: Well, in one, one girl wins. In the other....
Kenny: Everyone wins?!?!

Captain Tenneal: Get it on!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #3837
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Wade needs to take this summer and work on his jumper....his athleticism is fading, and while I still think the knee was an issue throughout the playoffs...the fact is he's not the flash anymore...if he can make that commitment the Heat should be competitive at a high level for a good while....
Old 06-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #3838
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
That had to be the best game I've ever seen Lebron play. He made the right decision, and decisively what seemed like every single time. His attitude on and off the court is exactly what the world needs. Since the Heat won, I'm glad to see he went out and took it, and that the entire team showed they could step up and help bring the team the win (and yes, PPM, I include Miller in that too... he went all out last night).

Still wish James could've left Cleveland out of any of the interviews but he's being baited left and right and still doesn't completely know how to say what he should, but he's getting a lot better... and I'll even give him a pass bc his answers were genuine.

The Thunder were definitely caught in the Finals moment. Harden's still seeing bright lights. They don't need to break up anything (this mentality is why people hated the way the Heat came together to begin with). They'll get better and work harder individually and as a team, learn from this, and be less in awe if/when they return. They'll add a piece here and there like every team does, but they aren't going anywhere.

If James can consistently play like he did this series, oh boy... and this is AFTER coming off an MVP season. That Game 5 felt like Neo when he finally figured out the Matrix.
Hold up why I am getting called out?
Old 06-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #3839
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

If you're not a Mark Cuban fan, you should be after today.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #3840
MVP

BringTheHeat's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
If you're not a Mark Cuban fan, you should be after today.

Described me perfectly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »