Home

Let's talk Good Russ- Bad Russ and what's next

This is a discussion on Let's talk Good Russ- Bad Russ and what's next within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #81
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Let's talk Good Russ- Bad Russ and what's next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Pierce
How exactly is he responsible, so if Westbrook or Durant plays bad it's all is fault is what your saying basically?

As to people saying chucker= Steve Francis= Westbrook. Their a lot worse chuckers such as Monta Ellis, Kemba Walker, Kobe Bryant, Nick Young. Why don't we make a thread about them? And don't give me they have never played on a good team BS Kobe has 5 championships and is the biggest chucker in the NBA and yet he has no thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
So did you just mention Kemba,Nick Young,Monta Ellis in same breath as Kobe?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
It's because Westbrook keeps doing it in the waning minutes of the 4th quarter.

And everybody sees it.

And everybody is tired of it.
Maybe he does, but it hasn't seemed to hurt his team, or changed the way his coaches want him to approach his game.

And some of that is on Durant. He has to want to be the guy more so than what he he does now. He's excellent at closing out games, its just not every game that he's aggressive about trying to do so, and really he needs to be.. Maybe not on an every game basis, but definitely last year in the playoffs.. At times he looked as if he had LeBron syndrome from years before.

All I'm saying is Westbrook can't wait around wondering if Durant is going to be a man and come get the ball or not. If Durant doesn't come telling him give me the ball then it becomes Westbrook's job to try and close the game..

As of right now it seems as if coach Brooks has no problems with Westbrook or Durant closing the game..

So Westbrook is more aggressive and has a tendency to overshoot, the same things were said about Kobe, Jordan, Iverson, many of the great scorers in NBA history.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #83
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
I love how you took what i said out of context. I was using the example of chuckers, why don't we have threads about Good Kobe Bad Kobe. People like to beat up on Westbrook way too much.

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas
Old 11-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
No, I think all he said was that they all like to shoot a lot?

Why try and make little side arguments that aren't there? Nobody is comparing guys like Kemba to Kobe, c'mon dude.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #85
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
How exactly is he responsible, so if Westbrook or Durant plays bad it's all is fault is what your saying basically?

As to people saying chucker= Steve Francis= Westbrook. Their a lot worse chuckers such as Monta Ellis, Kemba Walker, Kobe Bryant, Nick Young. Why don't we make a thread about them? And don't give me they have never played on a good team BS Kobe has 5 championships and is the biggest chucker in the NBA and yet he has no thread.

It was just the way I worded it. I did the same for Durant. When they both play ****ty the team loses. One plays ****ty and the other good...they lose.

Even when they both play relatively well...they sometimes lose.

The issue with Westbrook is that he keeps doing it in a way that is massively visible.

I was also trying to keep Kobe's name out of this thread since it wasn't about him, but here goes anyway.

Kobe's a chucker. He won 3 rings because Shaq was the best player in basketball. In simple terms: Shaq = Durant Kobe = Westbrook.

Then Kobe won another 2 rings by getting a then top 3 PF in Pau Gasol.

Phil Jackson is the reason why those Laker teams won rings but I digress before i turn this into a debate about coaches and how Scotty Brooks is coasting on people's talents like Spo except Spo can actually teach defense but I again digress.

Quote:
Kobe does this, some percentages show that he isn't the best clutch shooter as people make him out to be. Why are we not talking about him?

I've always said Kobe was a chucker. I've never defended Kobe from that reputation. EVER. So...leave me out of this please and thank you.

And the reason people aren't talking about him is because Kashanova brings it up for us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #86
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
OJ, I've been fighting the same fight for going on the last 2 seasons and all I can say is you're wasting your time, man.

When the Thunder lose, all fingers must be pointed at Westbrook, with Scott Brooks getting some of the blame every now and then.

Wait...so he didn't screw up during the spurs game?

He didn't shoot them out of the game last night either?

I'm not a blame Russ first guy but the dude makes alot of detrimental mistakes when he should be getting the ball to the alpha dog on the team

Yes people are going to single him out when

He has the ball

He barely waits for them to get down court

He blacks out at times and doesn't even look to pass or get a smart shot

He has the ball in his hands making the decisions

And he has the freaking ball in HIS hands

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #87
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Maybe he does, but it hasn't seemed to hurt his team, or changed the way his coaches want him to approach his game.

And some of that is on Durant. He has to want to be the guy more so than what he he does now. He's excellent at closing out games, its just not every game that he's aggressive about trying to do so, and really he needs to be.. Maybe not on an every game basis, but definitely last year in the playoffs.. At times he looked as if he had LeBron syndrome from years before.

All I'm saying is Westbrook can't wait around wondering if Durant is going to be a man and come get the ball or not. If Durant doesn't come telling him give me the ball then it becomes Westbrook's job to try and close the game..

As of right now it seems as if coach Brooks has no problems with Westbrook or Durant closing the game..

So Westbrook is more aggressive and has a tendency to overshoot, the same things were said about Kobe, Jordan, Iverson, many of the great scorers in NBA history.
Do you...do you watch the games down the stretch in the 4th quarter?

Did you watch the Hawks and Spurs game? Because I certainly did. Tell me, if Durant is clapping and yelling for the ball when he's on his preferred side of the court...why should Durant move, go get the ball(with his defender likely jostling him the entire way), then dribble and fight to get back to that side of the court? Should it not be Westbrook's job to simply give Durant the ball when he's open?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #88
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
It was just the way I worded it. I did the same for Durant. When they both play ****ty the team loses. One plays ****ty and the other good...they lose.

Even when they both play relatively well...they sometimes lose.

The issue with Westbrook is that he keeps doing it in a way that is massively visible.

I was also trying to keep Kobe's name out of this thread since it wasn't about him, but here goes anyway.

Kobe's a chucker. He won 3 rings because Shaq was the best player in basketball. In simple terms: Shaq = Durant Kobe = Westbrook.

Then Kobe won another 2 rings by getting a then top 3 PF in Pau Gasol.

Phil Jackson is the reason why those Laker teams won rings but I digress before i turn this into a debate about coaches and how Scotty Brooks is coasting on people's talents like Spo except Spo can actually teach defense but I again digress.

I've always said Kobe was a chucker. I've never defended Kobe from that reputation. EVER. So...leave me out of this please and thank you.

And the reason people aren't talking about him is because Kashanova brings it up for us.
Theirs a lot of players that do this man, why beat up on Westbrook?

And Phil Jackson the reason winning those last 2 championships, how about having the biggest front court in basketball. A torn acl by Perkins and a Magic team that got to finals when KG got injuries. Lakers got really lucky with both of those rings. And let's not forget game 7 2010 playoffs Kobe shot 7-23 and almost lost that game for them but Ron Artest and the lack of Boston rebounding got them that game.

All I'm saying is making a thread about good and back westbrook and saying Westbrook is a chucker thus equalling Steve Francis is crazy to me. You could say a lot about other chuckers in the NBA and yet I don't see a thread about them.

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »