Home

2013 Eastern Conference Finals: Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers

This is a discussion on 2013 Eastern Conference Finals: Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #81
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 2013 Eastern Conference Finals: Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers

^^ I Hill looks like the same Hill when he was with the Spurs. He just seems more comfortable in the Pacers system. And he knows how his role and how to control the team. ^^

Exactly.... I think the Pacers have to stay away from traps. (Especially on Lance Stephenson and PG). Turning the ball over will be huge for both teams. Watching a few games from this years regular season and last year playoffs. The one thing the Pacers can not do is turn the ball over. They need to play a strong half-court game and stay away from a up and down type of game (but also score off the Heats turnovers).

The X-factors for me... are the Heat 3 point shooting and for the Pacers Lance Stephenson. The Heat just need to hit the open ones. And Lance needs to put pressure on the Heat rotations (if that's shooting or driving the ball)

Last edited by jeebs9; 05-20-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 1

I never like the chances of a team when you have to say "If they..." to describe how they can win. It implies the team has to do something extraordinary on top of outplaying their opponent. IF Paul George can be effective on offense. IF Lance Stephenson continues his play. IF the dribble penetration of the Pacers can get Miami into foul trouble. You just can't rely on "if's".

That being said, I think Indy's only chance is to steal one of the first two games in Miami. I would give them a fair shot to close out a game six at home, but none in a game seven in Miami. Yep. More "if's". Guess at this point, "if" is all we've got.

Bottom line: Heat in 7
Old 05-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #83
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Guys.... Could we please not say things like "we haven't watch this team all year" or "Have you played organized basketball before"? I like to general think everyone here has seen every playoff team play more than 3-4 times.

But don't doubt Wade's health. If I were the fan of the other team. I'm expecting Wade to play like Wade. The name is still there lol.

edit: I think people don't expect PG to drop 30-40 points on the Heat. I think most of the scoring for the pacers will come from West and Roy. I think game 1 will tell us who wants it more.
No it won't, because Miami is going to lose automatically because of rust.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #84
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Youre kidding yourself if you think Wade's health/production wont be a huge factor....

Also its absurd the Spurs/Grizz will play game 2 tomorrow while this series will have yet to start

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #85
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Like I said, a non story

Quote:
"Sorry sports world, the words 'just another team' never came out of my mouth. Great respect for LBJ and the champs. Looking forward to [a] great series," Vogel said Monday, according to NBA.com.
How is it that these guys can just straight up lie? Lol. Same stuff with LeBron/Ibaka last year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Y'all Pacers fans are more defensive than Mavs fans, and I didn't think that was possible.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #87
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
No they aren't
Old 05-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #88
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
^^ I Hill looks like the same Hill when he was with the Spurs. He just seems more comfortable in the Pacers system. And he knows how his role and how to control the team. ^^

Exactly.... I think the Pacers have to stay away from traps. (Especially on Lance Stephenson and PG). Turning the ball over will be huge for both teams. Watching a few games from this years regular season and last year playoffs. The one thing the Pacers can not do is turn the ball over. They need to play a strong half-court game and stay away from a up and down type of game (but also score off the Heats turnovers).

The X-factors for me... are the Heat 3 point shooting and for the Pacers Lance Stephenson. The Heat just need to hit the open ones. And Lance needs to put pressure on the Heat rotations (if that's shooting or driving the ball)
Agreed with all of this. Including your thoughts on Hill. He doesn't look much different to me either. Just more confident/comfortable in his role.

Turnovers will definitely be huge. As they always are, but especially for the Pacers who already turn it over too much. If there's one thing we have to do a better job of it's taking care of the ball. If we can do that, kill them on the glass, guard the rim and 3 like we usually do, we'll be in good shape.

That said Miami is a great team. We can talk about X-factors and all this stuff, but at the end of the day it's going to take a hell of an effort for Indy to win this series. And that's probably going to mean guys producing like they normally don't. Such as Augustin coming off the bench and scoring 15. That would be a huge boost as we saw in game 1 of the Knicks series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Like I said, a non story

How is it that these guys can just straight up lie? Lol. Same stuff with LeBron/Ibaka last year...
Lol. I was wondering because LeBron kept saying "just another team" over and over again and I tried finding a quote where Vogel said that but couldn't. Reporters are ridiculous man.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »