Home

The best players who never have (and probably never will) make an All-Star team.

This is a discussion on The best players who never have (and probably never will) make an All-Star team. within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
The best players who never have (and probably never will) make an All-Star team.

Title's pretty self explanatory. Who are the best players in the league right now that are (or have been) very good players, but just wont make an All-Star squad? I'm talking the guys who have been or will be likely to finish one or two spots behind in voting, not just "I think this guy's an underrated player that needs recognition."

A few...

Andre Miller: This guy's always been really good, but just not good enough. He's not flashy, and he isn't a good shooter, so he doesn't get recognized. He even led the league in assists one year.

Anderson Verajao: With Brook Lopez, Roy Hibbert, and Joakim Noah ahead of him he ain't getting into an ASG. Funny thing is he had a chance this year, but got hurt. With all of those guys on the upward slope of their careers age-wise and him at 30 I don't know if he'll ever get in.

Kawhi Leonard: He strikes me as a guy that if he played for pretty much any other coach he'd barely be playing. I see him getting better; maybe like 15/7/3, but I don't think he's got enough talent to make it into the ASG.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: The best players who never have (and probably never will) make an All-Star team.

I think Kenneth Faried can put up the numbers to be an all star but will be overshadowed by the likes of Tim Duncan, if he plays the next two years and Kevin Love who I think is the next best PF.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: The best players who never have (and probably never will) make an All-Star team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu
Kawhi Leonard: He strikes me as a guy that if he played for pretty much any other coach he'd barely be playing.
Yeah--Pop has a long history of giving huge minutes to bad players in their early twenties.

Wait...What?
Old 06-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Off the top of my head, Josh Smith. Seems like he's barely missed the all star teams the past couple years. Al Jefferson maybe? And basically any really good PG since there's so many elite PGs
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 06-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 25

Andre Miller is a fine choice among the moderns. My all timer for this category would probably be the old point guard Jimmy Cleamons. He was a great defender, slick passer, and an accurate spot shooter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0

Monta Ellis - a guy that always had the scoring numbers, but played on bad teams
Old 06-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm going to throw Ty Lawson in this category. I just don't see him making it over Stephen Curry, Tony Parker, Damian Lillard, etc.

Maybe we can throw Brandon Jennings on the list, as well?

As someone mentioned, there could be so many point guards that won't make it because of the depth at that position.

Cincinnati Reds

UNC Tarheels

Twitter: @st0rmb11

PS4
Old 06-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #8
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson for sure, unless they go to a team that will let them basically chuck up 20 shots a game.

Kevin Martin. People forget how good K-Mart was a few years ago (23.4 ppg in 2011, and 24.6 in 2009). Unless I'm missing an All-Star Appearance, he's never been to an All-Star game and more than likely won't now that he's in his final years in his prime as a sixth-man for OKC.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »